TOS: Foul Deeds Will Rise, by Greg Cox (November 25, 2014)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Leto_II, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Ktrek

Ktrek Captain Captain

I'm looking forward to this new novel Greg. I can't say I'm in love with the cover, but it's what's inside that counts.

Kevin

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks!

Personally, I think the cover gets the job done. It's colorful and eye-catching and clearly conveys that this is a movie-era novel featuring the older and wiser Kirk and Spock . . . .

3. Leto_II

Leto_II Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed -- for myself at least, this time period is probably the most interesting to me in the Original Series era, as far as where the main characters are in their personal and professional lives, the political state of the galaxy, the starships/technology, etc.

This particular span of years is where it all comes together for me, as a fan (along with pretty much the entire run of DS9). Very much anticipating this novel.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

What's wrong with the flipped-up part of the jacket or the black strip? And isn't that the captain's symbol on the black strip?

(Clearly, I am not an expert on Starfleet uniforms! :))

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I think he's referring to the fact that admirals have a small strip of gold piping around their black strip, as Kirk does in the cover image (although you don't see much of it, because the flap is open). Compare to Spock's uniform in the same image, which doesn't have the gold.

Yeah, 'cause there have never been errors on covers before... would be terrible for them to spoil their perfect record! :lol: (And seriously, is this something that people that, say, don't actively hang out at a Star Trek BBS would even notice or care about?)

I find the cover striking, and I'm looking forward to seeing it on the actual book. Although, I will admit, when I first saw the image and had just seen the top part before scrolling, my first thought was "hey, why are they numbering the TOS novels again? And I thought they were already past #90!" :lol:

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hell, at least they're wearing the right uniform. Seriously, there are quite a few novels featuring characters wearing uniforms from the wrong era. Or with the 24th century novels, the wrong comm badge.