The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I picked up the Boomerang figure from Hasbro's Spider-Man Infinite Series. Captain Boomerang is not happy to see him:
    [​IMG]

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because...boomerangs.

(Hawkeye fans will understand)

3. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

As promised, here are some more pictures of my doll collection.
    [​IMG]

This is one of my favorite outfits for Princess Diana.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Danbury Mint Princess Diana portrait doll. I have outfits and will change her clothes every so often.
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, two Barbie Bride dolls from the 80's or 90's. I have had them for years.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Wow. Those Diana dolls are eerily accurate. They definitely captured her eyes and other facial features. They're like miniature wax statues.

5. C. Cole-Chakotay

Franklin Mint did a really good job on the Princess Diana dolls. Mine are the vinyl ones.

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sif, Tasha, Betsy, and Kitty needed a break from ass kicking. They're having a tea break and knitting session.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I can't really see Psylocke knitting, either. :p But I'm sure Kitty wants to make a little sweater for Lockheed...or for Tiny!Pete. :p

7. cooleddie74

The four upcoming and all-new figures in Wave 3 of Saga Legends:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Realistic version based on The Clone Wars)
    2. Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit, Return of the Jedi)
    3. Darth Maul (Theed Hangar and Generator Battle)
    4. Snowtrooper

[​IMG]

Like 5 points of articulation and retro Kenner-style tooling or not, these are getting some pretty good advance reviews for their sculpts and detailing.

8. C. Cole-Chakotay

Here are some pictures of my Danbury Mint Princess Diana Wedding Doll. Her train is around 5 feet long and she stands about 18 or 19 inches tall.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of pictures of her on my china hutch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

^
    Very eye-catching and pretty. That's dedication to the tiniest details that you don't always see, even on premium-quality dolls.

10. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want the Jedi Luke.

12. cooleddie74

The Saga Legends Jedi Luke? Yeah, it does have an impressive head sculpt for a $5.99 budget figure with minimal articulation. It seems they're trying to make each successive wave assortment of this line more interesting. Wave 2 had Boba Fett and a classic Stormtrooper and now the third wave features Luke and a Snowtrooper (plus a pretty neat Darth Maul).

13. C. Cole-Chakotay

I'm fortunate in that most of the items I've bought have been used and very reasonably priced. I research and usually buy the cheapest item possible. :) I really love my doll collection. I also enjoy seeing what others have and reading the adventures of Kira's Mom's crew.

14. cooleddie74

I don't blame you. Cheap is always good. :)

15. OdoWanKenobi

Capullo Batman figures are here! My LCS was sadly sold out of Nightwing before I got there, but the owner order one for me that should come in soon. In the mean time, I picked up Batman and the Talon:
    [​IMG]

Best modern Batman ever. The sculpt looks just like Greg Capullo's art. The articulation is fantastic, and I love the three batarangs that can fit in his hand.

[​IMG]

The Talon is a relatively new character, appearing in the first arc of the New 52 Batman series. He's got the same excellent sculpt and articulation as Batman, along with a load of accessories. Two swords, two daggers, a Court of Owls mask, and every single throwing knife on his bandoleer is removable.

Just a little fun with the two together:
    [​IMG]

16. cooleddie74

Looks like June will be the earliest that most Star Wars collectors will see any new Hasbro product in stores. Saga Legends Wave 3 (Jedi Luke, Snowtrooper, Darth Maul and Clone Wars Obi-Wan) is about to ship but it'll take a little while for those to get good and wide distribution, and so far there've been no reports of Black Series 3.75" Wave 4 (Dagobah Luke and Yoda) surfacing anywhere except in online pre-orders.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

OdoWan beat me to it...but yeah the Capullo designer figures have hit retailers. Buy them quickly because they will be sold out and re-ordered pretty fast. I'll be getting them from Big Bad. I have Bruce and Dick in my Pile of Loot already, I will probably get Nygma some time later. Maybe when Bruce's Thrasher suit comes out.

18. OdoWanKenobi

I picked up the Capullo Riddler. Still waiting on Nightwing. Riddler is a fantastic sculpt, possible the best looking Riddler ever made, but he's a real comedown from Batman and Talon as far as articulation goes. The other figures have around 30 points of articulation, while Riddler has only 18. Granted, Riddler has never been much of a physical character, but the there's an expectation of some consistency within the line, isn't there?

[​IMG]

19. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm at the Star Wars weekend at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Found these in Darth's Mall and thought you guys would like a look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They are pretty tall and really impressive in person. Think they are limited to here for now, not sure but that's what I heard.

20. cooleddie74

^
    They look pretty awesome, and for $29.99 each at their big size and with all their accurate sculpting and electronic features they're a good bargain. Apparently all Disney Store locations will eventually get these figures.

In my own scores from earlier today, I stopped at my friend's local toy shop and found a few figures I either didn't already have or wanted extras of, including the 2009 Legacy Collection Spacetrooper, the specially-armored and -equipped Stormtroopers from A New Hope that stood outside in the vacuum of space and watched the Millennium Falcon being tractor beamed into the Death Star. I also found an Imperial R5 astromech droid I didn't already have (R5-J2) that was originally released in the 2006 Saga Collection line.