Favorite Voyager Villain

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by EmoBorg, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks!. Would you believe it took me a moment to recognize those names? That was a long time ago . . . .

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seska's ultimate demise was so unsatisfying. I really wanted to see her suffer! But, whatever ... just ... just get her story over with. I don't care anymore, what happens!

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was no reason for her to be a bad guy.

The Federation and Cardassia were allies when Voyager was lost.

If she had approached Tuvok or Janeway near the beginning, even if they continued to keep her identity a secret, Seska would have easily gotten the rank of lieutenant JG or full Lieutenant.

4. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I would have to go with the Borg Queen and 8472 (although they were pretty much neutralized as villains by the end of "In the Flesh").
    Annorax committed a crazy amount of genocide, so he is pretty horrible obviously.

Kashyk was someone who I felt like wasn't really a villain, just a jackass.

The Kazon were the ones I loved to hate only because they were just too stupid. :lol:

Seska was manipulative and ruthless, but she had something of a heart under there I think.

5. Guy Gardener

They hung Klink from the Gates and threw rocks at him in the last episode of Hogan's Heroes.

6. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Arturis was indeed a sad villain. You cannot really blame him considering his people were assimilated after Species 8472 were defeated by the Borg due to Janeway's help.

Even Janeway felt bad when she realized his motivations for what he did.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  7. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

8. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seven Of Nine. :D

9. Guy Gardener

You fell for that?

She was the Borg Queen all along.

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I couldn't stand the Borg Queen. Putting aside the fact that her personality contradicts established Borg personality and pretending for the moment TNG Borg episodes didn't exist...

Judging strictly from things established in Voyager Borg episodes, her weird Dominatrix personality was off-putting and her motivations for her actions were contradictory and didn't make any sense to the point where it seemed like they were just making her generically evil for the present story purposes. Like the whole reason she kidnapped Seven in Dark Frontier didn't make sense and it made even less sense that she tried to bargain with Seven to get her to surrender instead of just sending a few cubes after Voyager and grabbing her. Her entire use as a villain just didn't make any sense and she clearly only existed so Janeway could have repartee with the series' major villain.

It's hard to say my favorite since most villains didn't get more than one episode. I'll go with what's his name from Year of Hell.

11. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Janeway would be my answer if it wouldn't get me booed out of the forum, so, I'll go with Annorax. I find him to be the most interesting and most memorable adversary they faced, even all this time later.

12. Guy Gardener

That's because eventually every time he talked about his wife, how he was willing to rend the universe to get back to her, we were all thinking about Debra Jo Rupp,

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seska was one of the more well written characters on the show. Her arc was one of the biggest highlights of the early seasons for me.

14. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely one of my favorites too. Not as devious as Seska and Culluh and not as mean as the characters from the book "The Black Shore" I mentioned in a post earlier but definitely a great villain.

And funny too! I just love some of his comments.

"A virus! A virus! He thinks that I'm a virus!"

"The spoil goes to the winner and you are the spoil Harry!"

And many more!

Another villain I really like was the incredible Henry Starling!

15. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I had never thought of Arturis. I enjoy the fact that he was sad and had real motivations besides whatever the story dictated for him.

I used to really love Kashyk, especially the last ten minutes of Counterpoint.

16. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

The Borg Queen. Annorax was pretty good too.

17. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I almost forgot about the crew of the USS Equinox and their Captain Ransom. They were villains as well.

18. Guy Gardener

Were the 5 survivors still villains after they joined Janeway's crew?

19. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Too bad we never saw their redemption or failure arcs.

20. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

They were more antagonist than villains but I liked the Hirogen. I liked Species 8472 too, but they went as fast as they came. I was hoping for a prolonged conflict between the two.

I'd imagine it like a pack of wolves (Hirogen) verses a Tiger (Species 8472) with zombies lurking about (Borg) all while the lost tourist stuck in the middle of it (Voyager) trys to get home.