Star Trek.com poll: Which show deserved another season?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RAMA, Jan 29, 2013.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well TOS got movies, TNG got a full run and movies, VOY had a full run and so did DS9.

What does that leave?

:p

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe they should've asked which series deserved better writers and producers. The results would've been about the same.

4. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enterprise because it got the chop.

but i would have liked to see another season of Voyager, not because its the best show, but It would have been nice to see the characters readjusting to life in the alpha quadrant, rather than BOOM through the wormhole, oh here we are, roll credits!

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Another season might have spared us the finale that dare not speak its name. :)

6. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Oh, yeah. The end of VOY sucked. There should have been a reunion scene. At the very least, would have been nice to see Adm. Paris welcome his formerly rebellious son and daughter-in-law and to hold his granddaughter. I would also like to have seen a reunion of Janeway and her dogs. It also might have been nice to see Anika reunited with her only surviving relative who isn't Borg.

7. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

TOS or TAS.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

There was nothing wrong with the Terra Prime story line, the episode that aired afterwards was a TNG episode.

As for ENT winning the poll hardly suprising saying that many say it was just getting good when it was cancelled.

TNG carried on into movies, and DSN and VOY ended their main stories in their respective season finalé's.

It was either going to be TOS or ENT that won.

9. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

IIRC, they were going to have that episode even if the show wasn't cancelled.

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

All of them.

In fact, they should all still be running. They never should have ended.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Better question: when Star Trek returns to TV, which series should it most resemble?

I don't want any of them back, but I do want another Star Trek series.

There are some elements from that I wouldn't mind seeing again. If the next series is set in the 23rd C, that's okay by me. Ditto if someone wants to take another stab at the Birth of the Federation story (and actually do that story this time around.) But whatever the characters, time frame, or premise, the writers should use the style and philosophy of DS9.

12. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

DS9 only got 10%!?!?!?!?!?

It was the show that could have just continued, thanks to the rich characters and the interesting times in which they would live following the war.

13. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Enterprise. It finally developed some legs and I would have been very happy to see the journey continue.

14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ This. Enterprise was clearly coming into its own with Manny Coto at the helm, much to Berman's chagrin. If they had gotten the opportunity for another season it would have likely earned it a full 7-year run.

One word: Kzinti!

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Unfortunately, much of it was dull.

As far as what series a new take should resemble? The original obviously. Abrams has proven that the right mix of action and character drama can be successful.

It needs to revolve around big heroes taming the wild frontier.

16. KeepOnTrekking

KeepOnTrekking Commodore Commodore

I kind of wished that TOS got that one extra year. If--if--the rumors were true about the networks getting more concerned about the demographics instead of just the Neilsen ratings the year after TOS was cancelled, maybe NBC would have realized that they were reaching the audience that they wanted and kept it on in a better time slot and maybe Gene Roddenberry would have came back to a more active role on the show which in turn might have encouraged D.C. Fontana and Gene Coon and others to contribute more quality scripts on a freelance basis.