Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    As do I. Snowman is one of the later books and I plan to start the series at the beginning after I finish it.

Harry is a great character, but his new partner (Bratt I think, can't even be bothered to remember her name) is an awful Mary Sue.

Why do male authors have such trouble protraying strong female characters? I'm sick of bitchy, obnoxious and yet oh so sexy police women. It's a terrible stereotype.

Still, the novel makes for a great read.

2. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Aside from food and gas... a new Christmas tree. The pre-lit kind, thank God.

3. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I too gave in and bought a teeny charlie brown Christmas tree (plastic) because it looked so sad and spindly (it was at Goodwill - how much sadder could it be?) It's pre-lit and the cats love it - they are indoor kitties and may not realize it's not real . . .

Also picked up four little Madame Alexander "Korea" dolls - the little 8" sized ones (ebay) - soooo cute. Merry Christmas to me!

4. Tora Ziyal

Being taken to Goodwill is about as sad as a little tree's life can get. But it's better than being thrown out.

When I was little, my grandparents gave me that size Madame Alexander dolls from several countries. Enjoy yours. :)

5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek Typhon Pact Zero Sum Game (newest novel)

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bought a new Christmas tree, and a Crock Pot buffet set (three small pots on one stand). It will be great for serving side dishes at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I love Madame Alexander dolls! I have about thirty of them in my collection- my favorite is the 21-inch Cissy in a Jessica McClintock-designed gown.

7. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I ought to confess I do most of my "me" shopping there - I can't rationalize paying retail for a lot of stuff. And I do feel good about "recycling" a lot of stuff that is perfectly good!

My little dollies are from the International group too. Thank you!

8. Tora Ziyal

^Lots of good reasons to shop there.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for PS3 today.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Just book a cookbook and a PSP game for a friend---she has a birthday in December, so I have to shop for both her birthday present and her Christmas present.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

50 render minutes for Halo: Reach replays on Bungie.net for $4.99 US.

I should really get a TV capture card again.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't buy anything big this week, but I'm thinking about getting a new dinner jacket (tuxedo to the yanks). My current one is OK, but the material isn't very lush, and there are a couple of fit issues that slightly bug me and put me off going to black tie events as often as I would like.

So I went round my favourite outlet mall the other day to see if I could find a bargain. Saw a beautiful midnight navy one with perfect formal details in every respect in Valentino... but not in my size. That was my favourite one but I found saw a gorgeously dramatic one in Zegna and they even had my size... but the fit wasn't right. There was a dearth of anything I liked in my size in Loro Piana, Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren. So I think I'm going to order one from my tailor instead. They're offering a discount on made-to-measure suits this month, so I think I'll order one next week.

13. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My “Timmy Time” throws came in. Very cute, soft, and warm without being stifling.

I also ordered some Wallace & Gromit stamps from the Royal Mail. Not sure the $ amount because cost and shipping are in pounds, but I figure that’s cheaper than through ebay or a stamp trader.

14. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    Got a book for my bf, little present. No, I don't feel guilty about something, just wanted to do something nice for the nerd I love.

15. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Early birthday gift for me: the entire Farscape on dvd. It's been so many years since i've seen it, it's like brand new to me. I'm so psyched!! We opened it early and started watching it last night. God i love this show!

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm jealous. Even though I bought all the original ADV releases (when it was like $30 for 4 episodes), I am seriously considering buying the new DVD set. But man, I'd really love this show to come out on Blu-Ray!

17. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, you're in for some fun. I bought that when I came out this time last year, and spent the next few months getting reacquanited with it.

I forgot how good it was too. It's no Babylon 5 or Star Trek, but it is a close third.

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just got Sherlock on itunes...damn, the download is slow. :lol:

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I bought my Mom a Irish-themed Nutcracker to add to her collection.

20. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picked up a WWII era Sheaffer Triumph at an antique store for under $10. It's a Vacuum filler, which are notorious for needing refurbishment by the time they are over 60 years old. This one, as I discovered when I got it home and cleaned it up, is working perfectly. Hopefully the seals last and don't give out on me suddenly.

[​IMG]