What should the next Superman movie be?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Borgified Corpse, Feb 26, 2009.

?

What should the next Superman movie be?

1. A direct sequel to Superman Returns

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. Not a direct sequel but Brandon Routh should get another shot

23 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Total reboot!

29 vote(s)
    43.3%
  4. Tom Welling & co. in a big screen follow-up to Smallville

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^

The whole no tights, no flights thing is Smallville's greatest error...atleast for season 8. I think Superman Returns got it right in many ways...just need to lose the kid, add 2 more Superman villains(Metallo & Atomic Skull) and lose Kate Bosworth...for Kate Beckinsale.

JF

2. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Perhaps that would be a way to incorporate Jason into the story, kinda getting to a metaphor about the stress that a father feels toward creating a better world for his child. It's not cutesy. Rather, the existence of Jason gives Superman a greater stake in the world.

3. Matthew Vaughan should direct the next Superman movie, a reboot.

4. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My reasoning behind Darkseid is that he's menacing and alien in appearance but ultimately human in mind and goal. His army provides a constant external threat to the people of Earth and gives the various military forces something to do so it doesn't look like they're just sitting on their butts waiting fro superman to save them. And, most importantly he's powerful enough to justify some cool fight scenes.

And by cool fight scenes, I mean supes rushing him at superspeed, uppercutting him with such force that he's literally knocked into orbit, supes flying after him, grabbing him, and throwing him to the ground (aiming for an uninhabited desert) and heat visioning him constantly as he falls. And then, when the dust clears, there's Darkseid standing in the middle of a giant crater, smiling. "Is that the best you've got?"

Brainiac isn't a powerhouse; he's a tech villain. It is fairly difficult to remain true to the character and justify a scene where he and Superman beat on each other using decomissioned WWII battleships as clubs. But there is something to be said for the coolness of a scene where two very strong guys just repeatedly hit each other with battleships.

5. QuasarVM

QuasarVM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Man, I LOVE that fight scene you described between Darkseid and Supes!

THAT I would pay good money to see! :techman:

However, my caveat is that they DO NOT change the general look of Darkseid.

I hated what they did with Galactus in Rise of the Silver Surfer...what a stupid change and a waste!