Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

What's this? I had another day off with gorgeous weather? I hope this is the start of a trend. Too bad I don't have another day off for 7 days.

Anyway, I biked again today for about 45 minutes. I think next time I am going to reverse my route so that I START biking into in the wind. Then when I turn around, the return journey will make me feel less like I want to die.

I can't believe how out of shape my legs are.

2. TJinLOCA

TJinLOCA Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds like a good plan! I like to arrange my runs so that I finish with the downhill part, as well ... it's much more motivating.

I ran my usual 3.25 mile route yesterday. Today it's weights at the gym.

3. TJinLOCA

Day 4 of nasty cold. Eeehhhhhggg. No exercise for me. :(

4. Angry Angel

Angry Angel Vice Admiral Admiral

^I hate that! It screwed up my last effort to start running again.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have today and tomorrow off (after working 6 days in a row), and of course, it's raining! Booooooo!

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I had a couple drinks tonight, which prevented me from going to the gym. It's probably a good thing. I had some really good workouts the last 3 days, and it's probably best that I take tonight off and rest.

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

My elbow is hurting again. I guess I must drag myself to the doc after all...

8. TJinLOCA

I'm on my third day of antibiotics for the respiratory & ear infection I picked up. Still sniffly. :(

I can't wait to be recovered and get back to exercising.

9. Angry Angel

Angry Angel Vice Admiral Admiral

Started running again yesterday, and the weather was so brilliant that I took another lap this morning. Gonna take a day off tomorrow and continue on Monday again.

10. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yesterday, I went for my first run in nearly two weeks, and in classic, moronic archeryguy form, I decide to run a 25km race. The Pilot Hill 25k is a trail race that is an out and back course that climbs and then descends 1500ft, most of it coming in a short stretch. I ended up putting in 4 hours and 15 minutes, and was in pretty rough shape yesterday afternoon.

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

12. TJinLOCA

Finished up my week of antibiotics, and am feeling much better. Now I have no excuse not to get back to the gym! ...tomorrow. ;)

13. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I've been getting a lot of jogging done these days. Now that its warmer in the evenings, I go on long bouts around the neighborhood. I feel great afterward, I just haven't gotten in to the habit of doing it on a regular basis. Oh well.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

RAMA, your gym looks kind of awesome. Mine is definitely lacking some equipment.

15. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Its def old school. Hardcore gym. My partner and I are actually prob going to join a new one that's larger and renovated tomorrow.

RAMA

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Unfortunately, I chose convenience (open 24-hours) for my gym over overall quality. It's all right, but I wish it was bigger. I have to improvise a lot of workouts.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

After about 2 weeks of mediocre to crappy workouts and rainy weather on my days off, I finally had a day with lots of sunshine and no job! I went for a 10-mile bike ride along the Mississippi. My plan to bike according to the wind completely failed because halfway through my ride, the wind randomly started blowing in the opposite direction! :lol:

It was tiring.

Then I took a nap, played The Sims 3 for 5 hours longer than I had intended (whoops), and went to the gym to lift.

I typed up a spreadsheet with a new routine on it that I am going to start taking with me. I made so much progress when I did that about 2 years ago, but then I just kinda stopped. It helps to see what you lifted the week before so you can set a real, material goal instead of just guessing.

Also, my personal trainer exam is 6 days away! :eek:

18. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I got roped into managing our department's slow-pitch softball team and we had our first game today. It was a bit rough, but I'm sure we'll be better next time. I went 1-4 and ended a probably-too-late rally with a boneheaded base-running mistake. Ugh.

19. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, we lost again today, but our lineup is doing a better job stringing together hits and I'm feeling more comfortable managing. Some of our better players will be back in about a week, so things should pick up them. I only batted once before taking myself out so that I could focus on managing, going 1-1 and pushing my average to .400.

20. TJinLOCA

Good job, Tim. I miss playing softball. I haven't played on a team since we lived in New Mexico, 12 years ago. :( I haven't found any compatible adult leagues around here.

Well, the first round of antibiotics didn't do it ... I had a follow-on infection that required two different medications to get rid of. I'm almost through with the second round of antibiotics and I'm finally feeling OK enough that I made it back to the gym today. I didn't do too badly for having all that time off, actually. I feel good about getting back into some serious shape, now!