Why wasn't Naomi more socially maladjusted?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JirinPanthosa, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone put a baby in her.

That's pretty social.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who would she date again?

Harry Kim? Vorik? Chell? .... Neelix?

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Icheb. She is already a Borg groupie.

4. R. Star

Icheb made Chakotay look interesting...

5. teacake

You don't think Icheb is her type? I do.

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

24th century ritalin is the answer.

7. R. Star

I dunno, Naomi seems quite quirky and outgoing. Icheb really seems closed in and completely lacking in a sense of humor.

Always figured Icheb would be a good fit for the "my height is insufficient" girl.. what was her name? Azati? Something like that.

8. Guy Gardener

They so hooked up in Shattered.

It was end of the world.

Chakotay was going to kill them.

Erased from existence.

And they didn't at least trade hand jobs before time caught up with them?

It's really amazing that Seska was the only person who didn't want to be executed by the Indian, and it wasn't because she was trying to save her baby?

Actually why didn't Chakotay gut her and take the kid?

At that point in time, before our favourite Spoonhead found out Kullah was the father, who was more than willing to raise Chakotays child as his own, even if he wanted to make a rug out of Chuckles backfat and love handles... But as long as they believed that child was Chakotays, then that child was his and he should have rescued it; even if he knew it wasn't because at the exact point in time, the temporally native Chakotay had committed to raising his son in some manner, and just because it was really Kullah's kid, that only makes Chakotay hypocritical to not raise another man's son who would raise his.

Meanwhile if Chakotay had brought back Old Icheb and Old Naomi...Young Icheb is probably still old enough to date her. Because Young Icheb might not think it efficent to wait for his Naomi to grow up when there's a delightfully servicable version ready and waiting if he can just convince her to be willing...

Unless the time cops don't show up and integrate the Ichebs and Naomis?

9. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never got that impression of Icheb from "Imperfection" or "Q2".
    Both eps. IMO showed he was open and perceptive of others feelings and had sense of humor.

10. Guy Gardener

He was totally going to seal the deal with B'Elanna.

From his perspective he was bullied into taking Tom's wife.

Taker her away and then just take her.

11. R. Star

^ Perfect example of how "perceptive" Icheb is. :p

12. teacake

Yes Icheb is lacking in interpersonal skills and perceptivity but not dramatically more so than other teenage boys. Considering his history I think he's doing pretty good. Naomi is going to be primarily looking for an intellectual equal and will probably find Icheb's oblviousness to her own social oddities a relief.

13. Guy Gardener

Are nano probes sexually transmissible?

OF COURSE THE ARE!

"I don't care if you love him, you can't make love to him, so don't bother."

"But Chakotay and Seven of Nine!"

"He's already infected. The Doctor had a talk with every woman on the ship to avoid his weiner. Ditto for Neelix... And Tuvok."

14. teacake

But Naomi wants to be infected with nanoprobes. She's like those people who have tons of bareback sex trying to get AIDS. Only in her case it's not going to kill or debilitate her, just make her very cool.

15. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Maybe this is all the Borg's new plan. Let the occasional drone get severed from the collective. They spread nanoprobes through the population over time, then zap!

16. Guy Gardener

The Borg poo-pooed single cell insemination.

Too much effort for not enough result.

What should happen is that Seven should be compelled to buy a bikini, then visit several beaches and public swimming pools wearing those two thin strips of barelycoveranythings while farting nanoprobes everywhere submersibly... And Starfleet Intelegence will never suspect her, because it's a scientific fact that pretty girls don't fart.

17. teacake

This is like a trekkie's version of LSD in the water system.

18. Merlanthe

Merlanthe Commander Red Shirt

I always thought that Naomi and Icheb would be a perfect cute little couple someday in the future.

19. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    The only problem with those windows is that it's lethal to go outside without a space suit. I grew up on an acreage, with no other kids around. So while I did have problems interacting with other kids (terminally shy), at least I had the outdoors. Naomi didn't have that unless she got to have shore leave with the rest of the crew (the holodeck just isn't the same).

So write it. This forum has a place for fanfic. ;)

Mezoti.

Icheb is exactly Naomi's type. He's smart, considerate, willing to either teach her or play with her, as the mood strikes, and part-Borg. Since Seven became one of her teachers, she seemed to have a knack for getting along with ex-Borg, and there are some rather good Naomi/Icheb stories in the Voyager section of fanfiction.net.

Besides... before the Borg kids came along, I suspect she was given a few age-appropriate "social lessons" on the holodeck in how to get along with people her own age, while managing to teach her that the holodeck is no substitute for real life (how many RL kids in our world would happily live in the holodeck instead of reality?).

20. Guy Gardener

Do they sleep train people (Uhura's rapid re-education after being mindwiped) with learning drugs... If they use learning drugs, it might be impossible to formally educate children to any meaningful level if "drugs" don't have a completely positive effect on a developing brain... Does Naomi have a PADD that just forces classes down her throat and she's in charge of her on education? Or does she monopolize an entire holodeck for 6 to nine hours a dayinterrupting the jizz soaked orgies that happen in the same space before and after some holoteacher tells her why not to trust Romulans?

You can't tell me that some one doesn't borrow a modified version of that program to live out his "who's been a naughty boy" fantasies?

The Borg kids just upload text books into their brains and understand everything perfectly.

Naomi can't compete on an level playing field, if she's just supposed to remember stuff that she reads.

Although, when 10 year old Scarlet first took up the role, Naomi was 3. All she was supposed to be doing in kindergarten was learning colours.