My Son? who are you?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RobertScorpio, Oct 14, 2008.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Or daughter...

Some main characters of TREK(s) had sons, daughters. While it is true we do not know much about post-TNG-VOY-DS9 era (meaning beyond nemesis)...can anyone of those main characters claim to have had a child who became as famous as their parent? David Marcus died, for all we know Spock didn't have any children...the only one we know who did was Sulu, his daughter was aboard ENT B...but iin all star trek versions none of their children really ever amounted to any thing...Worf's son grows up a coward in one future. Jake becomes a great writer, we hope...

We have five crews of Star Trek (Ent-Tos-TNG-DS9-VOY) and not one child from any of them became a legend in their own right?

Maybe I guess it shows that greatness isn't inherited..it is by chance...but gee, I would have expected more from loins of Kirk, Spock, Picard, Sisko, Janeway...guess I was wrong...

Rob
    Scorpio

2. Birdshine

Birdshine Ensign Newbie

Makes sense with all the distant father figures that all the children don't amount to much.

3. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How does that make sense?

4. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

In the novels, Demora Sulu rose to command the Enterprise-B after Harriman's retirement; unlike her father, then, she she ranks among the few to command a ship of that name.

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what Star Wars is actually about.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sort of glad we didn't get endless name drops of the children of characters from TOS or the ENT characters been noticeably ancestors of people from TNG era, it makes the galaxy seem a bit too small.

7. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I agree. With all the billions of people in the Federation, it would indeed be odd if the same families kept saving the galaxy over and over. Besides if went HAD been subjected to those name drops of the children, we would also have been subjected to them in future series. (YUK!)