TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. erinanderson

erinanderson Ensign Red Shirt

Hi all! *waves* I am a Star Trek Newbie, only been watching since last summer. My husband was a huge Trekkie growing up, he watched TNG growing up so that's his all time favorite series. I started in on what I deemed the "Trek Project" last summer and so far I have watched Enterprise, TOS, the first 8 movies, all of TNG and the first season of DS9. Up next on the plate is movies 9 & 10 and season two of DS9. I hope to finish DS9 and Voyager before movie #11 comes out in May.

So far TNG is a tie for favorite series along with ENT. But out all of the characters that I have been exposed to so far I enjoy Data the most. I think Brent Spiner is a phenomenal actor and I would love to meet him someday (and hopefully do more than be a gushing fangirl). :lol:

2. Lucy of Nine

Lucy of Nine Commander Red Shirt

HI everyone!

My name is Lucy, I'm a 29 year old Aussie girl, grew up watching TNG, and fell in love with Ds9 and Voyager when they came out... Voyager and TNG are both my favourites, but I mostly just post in the Voy forums here. I just rediscovered ST recently after a long hiatus, and have just watched VOY from beginning to end, hence why I've been hiding in the VOY forums!

I just bought the whole TNG series off the net and am eagerly awaiting them so I can watch the whole series from top to bottom, it will have been decades since I have seen much of it (I grew up wanting to be Deanna... then Dax... then Seven...LOL). I look forward to posting in here when I get my series in the mail!

Smiles,
    Lucy

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to all the new TNG posters!

4. Lt.Cmdr.LaForge

Lt.Cmdr.LaForge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have recently started to get into Star trek, but instead of just reading about it and catching the odd re-run on TV i have decided to buy all 7 seasons of TNG, DS9 and Voyager. As i write this im currently half way through S4 of TNG and im loving every second of it. Picard, Worf, Data and Riker are all equally my favourite characters. Im currently at the University of Huddersfield studying a BA in music production. Patrick Stewart is the chancellor of my university and i think this has had some strange impact on my decision to go and buy all these DVD's =]

5. Lucy of Nine

Lucy of Nine Commander Red Shirt

He's Chancellor? Does that mean he's there all the time, or is it some honourary role... ooh thats exciting...

6. trekkerguy

trekkerguy Commodore Commodore

Reporting for duty.

Starting watching from birth.
    Grew up with the show and graduated into the rest of Trek.

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome new TNG fans. I wish I was a new TNG fan. Watched all these episodes so many times that it would be cool to watch 'em again for the first time.

8. RikerLover

RikerLover Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm a Trek fan from TOS days but TNG is my favorite. I love the entire cast but my favorite is Jonathan Frakes. I grew up 20-25 miles from where he grew up. I've met most of the cast except Patrick Stewart and Wil Wheaton.

9. MichaelArn99

MichaelArn99 Ensign Newbie

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  10. MichaelArn99

MichaelArn99 Ensign Newbie

Hey everyone!

My name is Michael, and I too grew up during the first airings of the TNG series. Although I was a little young (age 10 when TNG started), I quickly became an avid fan. Of course that fanaticism continued with DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise, but for me TNG will always be the best.

I am particularly fond of John DeLance, and therefore episodes that featured "Q," like this one. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/m...stabbed.jpg/300px-Jean-Luc_Picard_stabbed.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  11. Klingon Empire

Klingon Empire Captain Captain

I post in every forum. I'm like all Trek's equaly. I do not know why I'm posting here.

12. RavenWolf

RavenWolf Ensign Newbie

Hi, :)
    I've been a Star Trek fan since I was little. This is my first time posting in a Trek forum. I like all the different Treks, but TNG is my favorite so I figured this was a fitting place for my first post.

My favorite characters are Data, so cute! (yes I'm a girl) and Picard, their both played by really great actors. My favorite type of episodes are the character based ones. I don't particularly care for the war type episodes which I think is why I'm not as fond of DS9 as I am of TNG. I prefer Picards diplomatic approach.

I'm currently working on watching all the trek episodes. I'm almost done with TNG, next I'm going to watch TOS, Voyager, Enterprise and DS9. I had wanted to watch them in order... But who ever checked out the first and second seasons of DS9 and Enterprise from my local library in July hasn't returned them yet. :(

Well thats enough about me.

13. hackercat13

hackercat13 Cadet Newbie

Hello!

This is also my first post to the forums. I have been a trek fan all my life. My step-father and I used to wake up every Saturday morning in the early 70's (I am 38 years old), to watch reruns of TOS.

Next Gen was amazing, and I actually cried when it went off the air. It felt like losing a member of my family.

My favorites are: Inner Light, Times Arrow I & II, and Chain of Command I & II.

I also enjoy building trek models. I am blessed to have a wife who understands and supports my madness! She let me spend 8 hours at the Star Trek experience in Vegas on our honeymoon!

Chris

14. CaptPicard

CaptPicard Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi Everyone!

Name's CaptPicard. Ive been a trek fan since I can remember. One of the coolest memories I have was coming down the steps for Christmas and finding every Star Trek Generations action figure under the sun beneath my Christmas tree. That and me and a friend going to see Undiscovered Country in the theatres. Next Gen is my favorite of the shows but I love all them. For me any and all trek is good trek. From TOS-straight to Enterprise, I love it. I've got everything on DVD and trek is pretty much all i read. I used to post at StarTrek.com and my account is probably still active there, but i figured id give these forums a try. I've dragged my wife, just got married last July, to 4 conventions and met Patrick Stewart and a handful of other actors that I like from the franchise. When i graduated college my wife, then my girlfriend bought me 2 boxes worth of TNG playmates action figures sealed in their package. There were like 40 figures in all. Ever since then I started collecting Star Trek Action Figures. Whenever she gets mad at me for pre-ordering something from art asylum i just look at her and say it was all her fault.
    I look foward to seeing everyone around.:borg:

15. Lt Cmdr Data

Lt Cmdr Data Ensign Newbie

Sup! I'm Tony From Australia, and is a huge fan of TNG, TOS DS9. and Stargate series.. I love chess and reading Star trek.

16. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Daneel. I've been lurking on this board for years, and last week I finally decided that I may as well take the plunge and sign up as a member. It's kind of strange -- I feel like I know many of you so well already, but you don't know anything about me! Well, I shall have to remedy that!

I grew up on Trek, especially TNG (however, I was four years old when it premiered, so I came into the game a bit later on in its run). For sentimental reasons, TNG is probably my favourite Trek (although DS9 comes a close second), and possibly my favourite TV show ever. I realize it has its flaws --it could have been more daring, it perhaps could have bent the Roddenberry rules just a tad and added more conflict, and some of it (particularly in the first two seasons) hasn't aged very well-- but to all of that I say, "Feh". I still love the show, its characters, its stories, etc. ... and I always will. It will forever remain a happy memory of my childhood.

Unfortunately, I've never been to any conventions or met any of the actors, but it's on my list of things to do someday. I did, however, once dress up as Data for Halloween (I can't quite remember how old I was -- probably nine or ten), as he was, and still is, my favourite character. Such a lovable, inquisitive, and noble character -- he really embodied the best of the things that Star Trek stands for, IMO.

Anyway, that's me and my TNG story. I look forward to getting to know the rest of you!

17. Holodeck Addict

Holodeck Addict Ensign

Just wanted to take the time to say hi all. Ill see you around.

18. Gates

Gates Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

*waves hello*

I thought I used to have an account here... guess I was mistaken. Anyway, I'm Gates. Obviously got the nickname from TNG. I grew up watching it with my family and then by myself when it was in reruns. Now for giggles after reading the Destiny Trilogy, I'm re-watching Next Gen from the beginning :D (in the middle of season three now).

19. leola

leola Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello.
    I am a long-time TNG fan, new to this board. I look forward to meeting you all. :klingon:

20. Rayek4eq

Rayek4eq Ensign Newbie

Hey all!

I'm an old hat at Star Trek, as 'old hat' as one can be for being 22... I've watched Star Trek TNG since I could remember what a TV was, and watched a lot of DS9.

I've had a foot-tall Spock figure on my desk since I've had a desk.

I remember thinking my mom's Dodge Minivan looked like a shuttlecraft.

I remember being 'beamed up' when OMSI (a science museum in Portland, OR) had a Star Trek TNG exhibit.

I got to meet Patrick Stewart and he was kind of rude when I mentioned TNG. He's really short.

There ya go.