Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those clips were great. The few fears I had about this movie have mostly dissipated thanks to these clips. I love the look of Krypton.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Growing up in the 70s, I expect my councils to have lots of guys in robes, I still haven't adjusted to the modern guys in really bulky and ornate armor.

3. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

He was the best. That series was fantastic in it's first season. John Shea was another standout as Luthor - the best, IMO.

Degenerative bloodlines? So, Zod fancies a bit of racial cleansing?

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I dimly recall an episode of the old George Reeves TV series in which Perry was visited by Great Caesar's ghost--although it turned out to be a hoax, of course.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yep. History of Comics on Film has a good breakdown of the series here: http://hocof.blogspot.com/2009/11/history-of-comics-on-film-part-14.html

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

This... is... KRYPTON!!!!

7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

And yet, we are all here on this board because we're fans of a television show that some would consider similarly stupid in the science department (especially the current movie based on said TV show.) :vulcan:

8. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see the problem? Star Trek is largely nonsensical when it comes to science but it is still an enjoyable show - the two aren't mutually exclusive.

9. Shaka Zulu

Then, so should this movie.

10. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes? You've lost me because I've never claim differently - you are arguing against a strawman - a position that I don't hold.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I didn't notice that Trekker had come back. And he's seen the movie. :eek: Not gonna read his review just yet.

Looks like we're ready for a grading thread. Is Obiwan around to put one up? I can do it if he's not.

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm a bit anxious to see what the critics are gonna say today. The early reaction from preview screenings and the smaller sites has been great, but usually the mainstream critics tend to bring things a bit more down to earth.

13. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

[​IMG]

14. Shaka Zulu

Ha bloody ha.

The thing about this scene and the way it's similar to something from the Nolanverse Batman movies tells something about how it had to be this way for Man Of Steel due to the way that Superman Returns was received by fanbois and the public alike (Superman [Brandon Routh] is too 'gay', the plot took too long to happen, etc.) Better put up with this, because it's what we'll be getting for a while.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

SR Superman was "too gay"? Now that's a criticism I hadn't heard before.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I've heard it before, but I still don't get it.

As for SR, I watched it again last weekend, and as much as I loved it before, it now seems almost painfully small and limited in scope compared to what we're seeing from MOS. I can kind of understand now why so many were underwhelmed by it, and why people are so much more excited by what they're seeing from MOS.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

:rofl:

18. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I agree. From what we have seen Superman Returns looks very anemic compared to the Man of Steel. I still like Superman Returns....but it could have been better.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw: