Do you own a pizza cutter?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Sep 27, 2012.

?

Do you own a pizza cutter?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Irrelevant. I never cook pizza.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do like strainers, though. Getting hot, boiling pasta off the stove and draining it's just asking for trouble every time you do it. A pasta strainer is nice, and beats using the lid any day.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well yeah. You can also let the pasta sit and continue draining as well as use the strainer for a thousand other things.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I love George Foreman kitchen grills but the one part of a Foreman I've never had any use for whatsoever is the bun warmer and lid on some of the models. I can't speak for anyone else here who eats hot dogs, but I prefer my hot dog buns to be room temperature...not warm and almost soggy from the heat and resulting moisture of a warmer tray or other mechanism.

I love the contrasts among a firm, room temperature bun fresh out of the package, the hot frank and chili and the cold mustard and ketchup. A soggy, heated bun almost completely ruins a hot dog for me and, quite honestly, gags me a little bit.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I use a Foreman all the time for chicken breasts. I only heat a hot dog about once every two years, when out somewhere and struck by an urge.

5. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I use mine for everything. Like cooleddie, I don't use the bun warmer either. I prefer to toss a little butter and cinnamon on the flat skillet, and singe the buns just a bit on the edges.

6. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I got a rather heavy duty one from TJMaxx on sale... think I paid $6. It's heavy, well made, and sharp. Does the job. A large butcher knife would work, but I like the control you have with the pizza cutter. Plus, it's very easy to clean and I don't worry about dulling a quality knife.

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I prefer room temperature most of the time, but I've been known to slide them into a toaster oven to brown and crisp them a little then slap on the frankfurter and toppings. I'm almost as big a fan of that method as I am just yanking the bun out of the package as-is. A browned and moderately crispy bun can make a chili dog twice as awesome as it'd be otherwise.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Maybe it's just me, but I find the butcher knife method a helluva lot easier than using an actual pizza cutter, which is probably why I've never been motivated to buy one. If I thought it would make the job easier, I'd buy one, but as it is, a butcher knife is far more efficient.

9. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No pizza cutter for me. Delivered pizza of course comes pre-cut. For frozen pizza... i've found that the most efficient method is to smash it into two halves on the the counter while frozen :lol:. I'll order a real pizza if I'm eating with someone else typically, so frozen pizzas end up being multiple meals.

I do have one of these that my mom gave me while I was in college. And it is totally awesome.

10. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I don't have one.

For home made pizza (which are just slightly on the thick side) I just use a bread knife. For delivered pizza, they are usually small and thin enough to use a steak knife.

Of course, I never felt the need to cut my pizza in more than four slices, as Italian pizza is usually quite light on toppings, so it's not particularly heavy or difficult to wield.

11. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

nice:lol:

12. Naira

Naira Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, I just use a knife, I think it does the job better.

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't cook pizza at home, not even the frozen kind, more than a couple of times a year max, so I've never needed one. I just use a regular knife; seems to work fine. *shrug*

14. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, and mine looks just like this one.

It's okay to be jealous. ;)

15. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

No it isn't.
    Yes, I have one: Not all take-aways around here cut their pizzas and it's a bit inconvenient to use a knife when cutting it, while it still is in the box.

When I make my own pizzas, I'll usually just take what's already hanging right there in front of me on a magnetic rack: a knife.

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd use one but butcher knives make me nervous.I'm afraid I'm going to seriously hurt myself.

17. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I own a pizza cutter, though I don't make pizza much anymore. I don't own a butcher knife, so in a pitch, I'd use a large santoku knife for cutting pizza. I'd imagine a butcher knife would be pretty efficient.

18. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The other thing with this type of cutter is, you have to put the pizza on a cutting board.

My sandwich knife can do the job with the pizza still in the cooking pan.

19. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, I have a pizza cutter. I used it during lunch today.

20. Worf's Beard

Worf's Beard Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yes, somewhere in the house. I use a knife.