Holiday Fun

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by T'Bonz, Nov 16, 2012.

1. slackbladder

slackbladder Lieutenant Junior Grade

you're right.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it's hard to commercialize it as much as one could commercialize Halloween or Valentines Day. I love getting together with family, watching the morning Football game (Can't see the afternoon game because we're eating) and just having a good time.

For Christmas, I too love seeing all the houses lit up. It's amazing how much decoration and creativity people have, and to see the houses all lit up is a beautiful thing.

3. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I still have good Thanksgivings, but even more than Christmas, the ghosts of family grown (cousins and aunts and uncles) or deceased haunt me.

We had awesome Thanksgivings at Grandma's. She'd cook up a feast - dish after dish. We'd sit down - oh, let me do a rough count: at least 8-10 adults and hm....kids? Anywhere from 10-15 of us. There was a grown-up table and a kiddie table and the 'tweeners sat in the living room.

Afterwards, the teens (who got stuck with dishes first) and grownups would play penny Pokeno while the grownups smoked and gossiped. Great fun!

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

There's nothing like home-cooked meals prepared by loved ones. Nowadays, my siblings and I just order a turkey or ham dinner, and we ask our dad to heat it up and prepare the fixin's. :lol: In fact, we'll have a triple Thanksgiving turkey treat again this year. Brother Mel ordered a roasted turkey from an Asian supermarket. I'll be picking up a turkey dinner at Nob Hill on Thanksgiving Eve. Then my sister Nellie has an uncooked one that she would like to prepare and also bring over to our house.

In addition, sister Dana ordered a ham dinner from Honeybaked Ham. Plenty of food to feed an entire village! How many people will be present at our house? 13 at the most. :lol: Although our members have dwindled, we still have a lot to be thankful for.