The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

That's quite a haul! Post some pics for us.

2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Nice, man. :cool:

4. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

This reminds me of the sad fate of some of my GI Joes.

5. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Giada's a good dog, though. She just sniffed him and then ignored him. Hulk was sad.

6. Davros

My Joes didn't fare so well. But we improvised and slapped on some red paint and they became Bloody Joe the wounded guy.

7. OdoWanKenobi

Agreed. My poor Marvel Legends Gambit. :(

8. cooleddie74

My beagle's a good and well trained girl. She doesn't try to swipe any of my loose action figures to chew on them and never has. As a puppy she took most of her gnawing and teething out on furniture and her own toys so she never got into the nasty habit of trying to sneak off with a Darth Vader or Jango Fett.

9. Davros

Being kids we left some Joes on the ground where the dogs didn't have to swipe them to get them.

10. Kira's Mom

When I was a kid, my friend had a great train set. He would put little army figures on the tracks and run them over. It was glorious! :guffaw:

(That kid grew up to be a lawyer in a big New York firm. He turned out okay.)

11. cooleddie74

I was too anal retentive to leave most of my action figures and other toys just lying around for dogs and other pets to get their mouths around. Besides, even if I hadn't been anal and picky about my toys my parents would have made me pick them up so they wouldn't get stepped on and broken.

"If you break it you probably aren't getting another one!" :)

12. OdoWanKenobi

It wasn't so much leaving them where my dog could get them, as it was the misfortune of a figure taking a shelf dive and my dog finding it before I did.

13. Kira's Mom

Not action figures, but toys all the same- got these in addition to the Avengers set.

[​IMG]

Somehow my mom found the classic Trek Pez! They're hard to find and cost an arm and a leg when they are found.

And because I will never grow up, I also got a new American Girl.

[​IMG]

Just one more Clint and Tasha adventure (with Hulk!)- the first snow of the year!

[​IMG]

14. cooleddie74

I have the TOS Pez collector's set but I never knew they made one for NEXT GEN. Cool!

15. Kira's Mom

I hope they do one for DS9- the 20th anniversary is coming up.

My nephew gave me the Bilbo Baggins plush...I already have one, so I'm going to paint a goatee on him and make him the evil Mirror Bilbo!

16. OdoWanKenobi

I had no idea those Trek PEZ even existed. Now I want them.

Haha! I can't wait to see Mirror Bilbo.

The Hobbit action figures have actually been pretty good so far, at least the ones that I have. It's impressive considering it's a company that is completely unknown to me: The Bridge Direct. So far I have Killi, Filli, Balin, and Dwalin. All of them are really nice looking, though Killi's bow was a casualty of the 12 Toys of Christmas. I dropped the thing during the making of that and have no idea whatsoever where it ended up. I really hope they get around to making all 13 dwarves.

17. cooleddie74

A 20th Anniversary DS9 Pez collection would be awesome. They can even do two or three variations of Sisko to randomly pack in the sets: with hair and clean shaven, with hair and a goatee and a third with a shaved head and goatee.

Heck, throw in both Daxes while you're at it. An Ezri dispenser sounds like it might be unbearable adorable. :adore: :luvlove:

18. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Speaking of dolls, you ought to see my Barbie collection. I have all of the Holiday Barbies. :) I have a few American Girl dolls but haven't got around to displaying them. Enjoy!

19. cooleddie74

Post some pics when you get the opportunity! The more the merrier....I'm sure we'd all like to see them!

20. cooleddie74

Picked up an extra Vintage Collection Darth Sidious (VC79) and Dr. Evazan (VC57) at a local Walmart this evening after eating dinner with some friends. I'd been wanting an extra of both for some loose display and tinkering purposes.

I might try to see if a Classic Trilogy Emperor head will fit on the Sidious neck ball joint so I can create a superior ROTJ Emperor Palpatine. I also want to put some silver highlights on the neck clasp on his hood....Hasbro has forgotten or neglected to accurately paint most of the robe clasps on Emperor action figures throughout the years.