Favorite TOS series director?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Melakon, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Marc Daniels and Joseph Pevney both directed 14 episodes, making them the most prolific of TOS directors. Are there any other directors you liked, based on their episodes?

One of my favorites is Joseph Sargent (The Corbomite Maneuver), who later went on to direct the original version of The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3.

2. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Senensky, by miles and miles, followed by Daniels and I guess Pevney.

Senensky is the only guy who for me has all winners, plus they are mostly memorable winners. Even THOLIAN, where he only did half the show before getting fired, is pretty darn good.

3. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Marc Daniels for me.

4. Kinokima

Kinokima Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When it comes to television I tend to pay more attention to who wrote the script than who directed but looking at my favorite episodes I will have to go with Joseph Pevney:

He directed two of the best episodes that take place "somewhere else" in this case depression era US in City on the Edge of Forever & Vulcan in Amok Time. I actually felt I was being transported somewhere else from the usual in these episodes.

He directed the best comedy episode in Trouble with Tribbles

I also really love Immunity Syndrome and Journey to Babel

5. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And me.

6. mach7

mach7 Commander Red Shirt

Joseph Pevney. Just too many good episodes. Devil, City, Archons, Arena, Fridays, Journey.

But John Meredyth Lucas only directed 3, but they were 3 great jobs.

The Ultimate Computer
    Elaan of Troyius
    The Enterprise Indecent