Different amount of pages in Voyager-books!?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by faithhopelove, Jun 22, 2014.

1. faithhopelove

faithhopelove Ensign Newbie

I recently fell pretty bad for Star Trek: Voyager and have decided that I just have to read all of the Voyager-books once I've finished with the tv-episodes. :)

So far so good...
    But I noticed something strange when I looked up the books on amazon. It doesn't concern all of them (and honestly I haven't looked up all of them just yet). But take Caretaker by L.A. Graf for example. At the US amazon-site it says the book has 279 pages, and at the UK amazon-site it says it has 192 pages which is a pretty good jump from 279. What I can see it's both paperback and there doesn't seem to be any difference other than the page numbers. This is very confusing to me. :confused: I was hoping that maybe some of you could shed some light on this...

Obviously I want the books with the most pages since I don't wanna miss anything. But living in Sweden it would most likely be less expensive to buy from amazon UK. So that's why I wanted to go to the bottom of this before ordering anything.

Any help on this matter would really be appreciated! :techman:

2. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

I suspect one or other is wrong; there would be an outcry if the rest of the world got a cut down version if the US version. (It's probably the US value that's right.)

3. Ó Méith

Ó Méith Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just checked my copy of Caretaker which was sold in Britain and it has 279 pages.

All the VOY, DS9 and Enterprise books, are published by Pocket Books. Unlike the TOS and TNG, which were first published in the UK by Titan and later Pocket Books.

I suspect that Amazon made a mistake.

4. faithhopelove

faithhopelove Ensign Newbie

Okay, thank you! Now I feel a little bit better about this. :)

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Happened to me once or twice, that bol.com where I order my TrekLit has a different number of pages listed the Amazon. Usually that was a mistake by bol.com.

6. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Page counts as listed on Amazon only occasionally intersect with reality.

7. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How much of that is Amazon, and how much of that is the publishers soliciting "wrong" page counts and never correcting them?

8. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

You have to remember that "Incident At Arbuk" was only about 202 pages long. It was closer in thickness to the original 4 New Frontier books than the regular Trek novels.

9. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

True. Fact.