Prometheus: Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Daneel, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was under the impression that
    the abrupt ending reported was due to the last 11 minutes or so of the film not being shown to press or anyone else prior to the films premiere.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

3. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The more I see of this movie, the more I'm convinced that organic Space Jockey fluid leads to the creation of the Xenomorphs. It would be interesting if that gunk got mixed with a human being ... eventually culminating in one of the buggers. This would also possibly explain how the derelict ended up on LV-426 with the egg chamber. It was all an accident!

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's a nice 1 hour and 4 minute interview withDamon Lindelof. It's mostly about Prometheus but a large segment in the middle discusses the tv series, Lost.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The Grauniad has a nice article on Prometheus, anchored by a conversation with Lindelof in which he discusses the philosophical underpinnings of the film.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the last couple of weeks I've been finding my enthusiasm for this waning. I think it still looks like it could be good, I'm just starting to find myself more interested in some of the other stuff coming out, like Snow White and The Amazing Spider-Man.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Same here. I think I've been over-saturated by previews at this point. It just needs to be released already!

8. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm kind of glad that they did a movie about the aliens that own that ship that the Nostromo crew had boarded on Alien. Every sense I have seen Alien. I always wanted to know about the Aliens that own that ship. Now the movie Prometheus explain it all about those aliens. If I remember? Those aliens are giants.

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm kinda the opposite. i've tried to stay away from spoilers and detailed discussions so when i see the trailer or tv spot i get more excited.

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I still really want to see this film.

I also had something of a reversal of feeling for another film, though. Initially I had zero interest in The Amazing Spider-Man, but after seeing a recent trailer before the screening of Men In Black 3 I find myself getting interested in the Spidey film.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to stay extremely spoiler free. Which is why I barely post in this thread, and the only time I did post was asking about "naked push-ups." I don't want to know anything else, I really want to see this film, and think it's going to be the highlight of the summer movie season.

12. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Think I'm gonna be checking out the midnight showing on Thursday night :techman:

13. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I am pretty pumped by this film.

But I do own that I huddle up in the chair in the fetal position. Movies like this scare the pants off me. I thought I was going to have a heart attack watching Alien.

No food or beverage or the local headlines will read "Local nerd chokes to death in packed theater."

14. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

*chuckle* Yeah, I'm the same way. I love a good science fiction movie, so I'm excited for this, but I dislike horror, so I'm not looking forward to that aspect. (I've still never actually watched Alien, but I've seen the rest of the movies.) I find it helps me to know the spoilers for the worst of it before going in, though.

15. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

sound for Prometheus

a good article on the sound design of the film Prometheus.
    lot's of detail on sound design and sound mixing for this film.
    THE ALIEN SOUNDS OF 'PROMETHEUS'
    05/22/2012

[we listened to] the voice processing of the android character in Alien and re-created that sound very closely

we experimented with gear that could help emulate a late-1970s sound where we could use it.
    also
    Very cool stuff. I liked reading about the ADR audio they made sound like the production dialogue in the suits.

sound related:
    Composer : Marc Streitenfeld
    Prometheus (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) album was released on iTunes on May 15, 2012, and will be released on CD on June 12, 2012.(USA) It features 23 tracks by Streitenfeld, plus 2 tracks by composer Harry Gregson-Williams

25 tracks
    The following track listing contains some possible mild spoilers, so read at your own risk.
    http://www.aceshowbiz.com/soundtrack/prometheus/

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  16. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

A few more hours to go!

EDIT: btw, should we start a grading thread? Who would do the honors? (I'm not that skilled regarding polls)

17. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Ooooooh! Movie begins! :D

18. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Ok, I got one thing to say:

WHERE'S THE FUCKING SEQUEL???

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

20. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

deleted scenes & Blu-ray

via
    That's a lot of deleted scenes. Why would he restore it for the Blu-ray coming out in less than 6 months later? Is it a cheap marketing ploy or since it was an "R" rated release were there many things the producer's didn't want in the theatrical cut?
    I haven't seen it yet and am posting based on speculation and not with spoilers.

I'm sure the audio commentary would say why.