Smallville: 10x11 "Icarus" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Dec 10, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman (Excellent)

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. The Blur (Good)

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. Clark Kent (Average)

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Kal (Bad)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Supermopeydouche (Terrible)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

From Kryptonsite and CW.com:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3gsy3X9fuc[/yt]

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I hope this ep is good. :lol: There is the engagement & party...don't know if that is at the beginning or end...cause Brian P. said Clark would be feeling pretty good and then his whole world would come crashing down. :shrug:

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yep. I'm guessing Peterson was referring to Lois's kidnapping. I hope this is good to because I'll be around :)

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Some people believe Clark might fly in this one...I doubt it. The rumor is Hawkman dies? I haven't seen anything to actually confirm this.

5. Admiral_Young

Me neither...all i know is that it is supposed to be Micheal's final episode as Hawkman unless they're planning to go with the resurrection motif and bring him back in May. There must've been a point in him relating that story to Lois in the premier. I'm honestly looking forward to the break lol.

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm with you guys on two counts... I hope it's good, and I'll be happy to have a break from the show for a spell. I've got my DVDs if I need a fix, but it will be nice to have Fridays free for the next several weeks.

See you all tonight.

;)

7. Admiral_Young

A part of me wants to skip this episode too :(

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Don't skip tonight...I wouldn't skip any this season. :) No matter how bad they are. :lol: :sigh:

9. Admiral_Young

I wish I could feel the same way lol. It looks like the second half will be stronger than the first half of this season one (I can count at least one dude "Harvest" I won't count "Luthor" since some actually liked it).

10. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    If hawkman is supposed to be resurrected.... shouldn't his wife be resurrected also.... going with the information provided before this, when both are dead both get resurrected... wasn't it supposed to be a endless cycle of resurrection and death.... for both the husband and wife?

11. Admiral_Young

One would think so yes.

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

From my perspective, there's only been three really good eps so far out of ten, and that's counting the premier. 'Harvest' was horrible beyond words and while 'Luthor' wasn't quite the disaster I expected, it was still just average.

I think part of my problem with this season is that I just don't feel any sense of real danger or urgency... Despite the crappy end they gave to the Doomsday storyline, at least the flow of that season leading up to that point had more of a sense of, dare I say it, doom?

:devil:

This season just feels like it's been all over the board. I realize we're still viewing it slightly out of context, but overall, I truly expected better.

This ep might be the turning point. Hopefully.

13. Admiral_Young

"Homecoming" is still my favorite episode of the season so far simply for Brainy...oh how I wish the rest of the Legion could have appeared this season. I could have seen an episode where they bring him into the future and we get a first glance of him as Superman (a tease for what will come in May) but that would have never happened.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Still, it's nice to dream.

15. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

All I know is that Luthor made me "geek out" for the first time in a LONG time. Seeing the "Magnificent Bastard" back in action and knowing he will TRULY be an evil son of a bitch makes me quite happy as I expect a return of the greatness John Glover brought to the role before.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think the show has been lacking with the absences of characters like Lionel, Jonathan & Martha...not having those more elder characters lessens the charm the series had from the beginning. I think if J'onn J'onzz had more of a presence from S7 till now it would have been nice...and not just as a JLer but as a mentor which they touched on a few times...but not enough. IMHO.

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Luthor was a great episode. I really enjoyed that. Don't know if they can replicate it again this week though.

Okay...how much of tonight's episode will be spent telling us how great Lois is and how important her relationship with Clark is?

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Most of it I am guessing. :lol:

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Seriously, the start of every meeting must be like "who do we bring it to talk about how important Lois and Clark's relationship is this week?"

I bet that the writers pleasure themselves when they get to the "talk about how great Lois is" stuff.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I just hate that S10 has been resorted to that. As I mentioned there is the engagement tonight and the party. :lol: