What Internet Browser Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Brent, Jun 3, 2009.

?

What Internet Browser do you use?

1. IE7

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. IE8

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. FireFox

110 vote(s)
    69.6%
  4. Safari

11 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Opera

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Chrome

10 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Other (Specify)

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I started with Netscape back in the day, then I switched to Opera at some point, I suppose around 2000. A couple years later I switched to Firefox and due to the multitude of nice add-ons I don't think I'm changing that anytime soon.

That said, I do use Epiphany occasionally on my laptop, mostly when I just want to look something up quickly and don't want to bother with Firefox's long initial load times.

The long load times are incidentally why I open Firefox automatically during boot and never close it on my desktop PC.

2. kustirider2

kustirider2 Commander Red Shirt

Firefox.

I used to use IE ('cause of strict parents who wouldn't let me download anything into their computer) then when I got my first laptop I used Opera but it got confusing, so I decided to use firefox.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Firefox and i haven't looked back.

I used IE for ages and was a little bit afraid of Firefox with all this newfangled "Tab" bullshit i always heard about and other new stuff i didn't see the need for.

Tried to install it once but it crapped out for a reason and i let it be. Months later i tried it out again when Firefox 2 came out and haven't regretted it ever.

Firefox is, in my opinion, just way more flexible and has the broader range of add ons and above all isn't hampered by some marketing reasons like IE and i had to laugh out loud when IE introduced its version of the Tab function and hailed it like it was the brand new hot thing when Firefox had it for ages.

4. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Depends on what machine I'm using, on my Win98SE machines I use Opera, on my Windows 2000/XP machines Firefox, on most linux machines also Firefox although also Konqueror and on my Pentium 133 with PuppyLinux either Dillo or Links, on my win 3.11 machines I usually have Mosaic or Netscape.

5. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I miss 3.11 on 6.22 :(

6. Vic Sixx

Vic Sixx Commodore Commodore

Firefox mostly, but Chrome also from time to time.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Firefox 3.0.1.0. I've been meaning to test Chrome, though. I don't really use a lot of add-ons; Download Helper and Chatzilla, mostly.

8. Supreme Admiral

Supreme Admiral Captain

I'm using Firefox. But it's very annoying as hell when it comes to crashes! Funny thing is, I requested for scripts on the computer, then all of sudden it crashes right there. Thought that it was my doing, but it was firefox's doing. It's pissed me off to no end, so I choose google chrome from time to time until the situation is resolved from Mozilla Firefox!

I don't think I can trust Mozilla Firefox ever again. :scream:

9. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been using Firefox since it was called Phoenix. IE has become more tolerable recently which is nice but there are certain extensions that make the web so much more pleasant.

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I remember when it first appeared. I was like "what the heck's a Firefox and where's Phoenix!?" :D

J.

11. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty much always Firefox unless there's a website that specifically requires IE (lame).

12. Thena

Thena Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I mostly use Firefox these days, but I'll also use Flock from time to time since it works with Firefox extensions.

I tried Opera out on my PC and liked it at first, but it didn't seem to work well with my configuration, and I eventually went back to Firefox for my extensions. These days I'm primarily using a MacBook, so I'll toy with Safari from time to time. I'll also give Chrome a try as soon as it's available for Mac.

Honestly, though, I can't survive without Firefox. I play two different rpgs on Livejournal and switch between 9 different Livejournal accounts. The LJLogin extension for Firefox makes that much simpler than manually logging in and out.

13. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

Chrome. I appreciate its minimalism and responsiveness.

14. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Firefox.

BUT.

It seems to be a lot buggier to me in the last couple of updates. It ramps the CPU right up and everything freezes. Sometimes I think it's some (not all) of the ads here, now I'm not so sure. I use only one or two addons, if any - I haven't installed any since I reformatted I'd like to roll back to 2.9 or 3.0.0 for comparison.

Aside from that, I find Chrome blindingly fast but a bit too plain. IE7 okay but playing catchup to FF, Opera okay but, I dunno, not quite for me.

Rinceweind, that one you recommended, Maxthon. Any reason why? And would you go with the Classic or Latest version?

15. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I still think the best Firefox was version .89. :borg:

J.

16. ParLawGod

ParLawGod Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have been a loyal Firefox user for quite a few years now, and use Internet Explorer rarely (only when needed). Once Google Chrome works out some bugs I will definitely give that a try...I'm addicted to Gmail, so I know that Google has the ability to make a GREAT product.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Firefox :D

18. Neeka Keet

Neeka Keet Admiral Admiral

Safari, ever since Firefox died on me and I can do nothing to bring it back.

19. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I use Firefox for most things. IE8 is a requirement for the comcast.net website (e-mail, etc.) (it clips off the end of the e-mail if you use firefox). I've also been having some trouble (mentioned in the technical section) with firefox and trekbbs, so I might just start using IE8 for this website (for a while, at least).

20. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I'm just taking Maxthon for a spin, the one Rinceweind said. Made in China, you know. :)

It's okay, reminds me of bits of FF, bits of Opera. Doesn't freak out the CPU like FF does. Bit speedier.