The Definitive SPOILER Thread. Actual Spoilers.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by thePhanatic, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

They have a good stage manager.

2. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Enjoy your re-runs then. But for those that are new to the franchise he's one of the best villians in all of Trek Lore - and much better than the Borg IMO.

I think the story will play out great and Abrams homage to old and new Trek. To new and old fans alike.

I suppose you also liked Enterprise finale, These are the Voyages?

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

You know, if he does in fact yell it out similar to Kirk in TWOK, it actually makes sense even within the context of the current film. They mention in the spoilers how he is fighting with his emotions over the death of Pike, and over the loss of Vulcan. This last death will be what pushes him over the edge, and this is his way of showing that.

4. section9

section9 Commander Red Shirt

Plus, there's no Rich, Corinthian Leather in Cumberbatch's ship and Villachaise isn't around to be Cumby's First officer.

Sorry, no sale. BTW, no Mugatu either.

5. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Magic fucking blood? Seriously!?

:lol:

Christ, it's Heroes all over again.

6. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

I do have a request for one spoiler: What is the "crime that I cannot forgive" committed by the Starfleet top brass?

7. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Really, of all the stupid shit Star Trek has pulled off over the years, THIS is what we're going to bitch about? Genetically engineered blood? Really? I swear to god I've been watching a different franchise then the rest of you.

8. section9

Wait until the talkbackers at AICN get their hands on this film. Should be a hoot.

9. section9

BUT, does Cumby/Khan survive until the next flick?

Are they holding him over to be the series' Vader?

10. aeriolewinters

aeriolewinters Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well, At least this isn't as bad as falling in a bridge.or.the.nexus.

Prime Kirk really needed that Khan blood. -_- /rimshot

11. DarthTom

All take magic blood over an effete French runway model playing the younger Captain Picard with a degenerative DNA problem who needs the older captains magic blood. :wtf:

12. drumvan

drumvan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

was never really emotionally invested in "enterprise" so having the tng influence in the finale didn't really bother me one way or the other.

j.j. and crew went so far out of their way to establish a new universe and opportunities for the reboot that it just seems like a total cop-out to rehash the khan character. even if it is a different story.

now using section 31 and a rogue admiral marcus is a cool plot move.

13. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Indeed, genetically engineered blood with healing properties is actually quite tame on the scale of "wtf" things we've seen over the years in Star Trek.

Still definitely looking forward to it.

14. oneal_cj

oneal_cj Ensign Newbie

What was the name of the Dreadnought ship in the film??? Any details on the space battles???

15. DarthTom

Can you think of any better villian in the entire history of the franchise than Khan? Even the Borg - which at one point were great villians - were completely defanged by the end of Voyager.

One of the great parts of section 31 IMO is it portaryed a more realistic version of any large military organization where some people have an alternative and often darker agenda. The real life parallel in the US of course is Gitmo and torture.

Star Fleet up until they introduced section 31 in DS9 was essentially a bunch of unrealistic goodie two shoe characters prancing around the galaxy proclaming how superior their values were - which of course isn't a realistic version of how people are in real life.

16. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I can't even read the talkbackers anymore. I swear the majority of them must be 12 years old!

17. Ketrick

Ketrick Commander Red Shirt

How does Robert April and the events of Countdown to Darkness fit in? Also how are the Klingons involved?

18. crucifixion

crucifixion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Lol seriously. At least if BC was a due aged April or even his son, countdown would be related. But now?

19. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

How is that more ridiculous than a magic torpedo that creates entire terraformed planets out of thin air and regenerates Spock? Your sense of perspective is totally off.

How is the regenerative properties of the blood at all inconsistent with what we have seen in the Augments arc on Enterprise? There, Augment DNA performed all kinds of miraculous feats like drastically changing the bone structure of Klingons in minutes and was originally intended to increase their strength, speed, stamina, and survivability. So, having some regenerative capability, especially with cells damaged by radiation as opposed to someone being blown apart by a phaser, seems plausible in Treknological terms. They're not Wolverine level regenerative, and can still be killed, but they can recover from disease, radiation, and things that leave the body mostly intact.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I skimmed the spoilers, this is probably more a question for someone who saw the movie, is the word Augment used in the film?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.