Abrams wanted to blow up more than Romulus

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by brian577, Mar 7, 2013.

1. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Well it's been used as a plot point in alt/future timeline stories since at least TNG. It's just a thing to do when you're trying to showing how bad bad has got for our heroes. Hell, Enterprise (not to bash on Enterprise) actually went full on Death Star.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. siskokid888

siskokid888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Either Quark's, or a bar on St. Mark's Place
    I think it was pretty well established that Nero was batshiat insane, so trying to apply logic to his actions is not going to be fruitful. As for the actor's performance, thats up to individual taste.

3. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Bingo. I think the actor did fine for what it was: A rage filled, erratic, nut case out just to hurt people. There was no revenge, no justice, no evil, it was just pure on rage, hate, and I'm going to make you hurt like I'm hurt. It was animal, to use a term.

As for the logic of nuking Earth/The Federation. About a logical as the Borg Queen going after Earth or Shinzon going after the Earth. Or: It's Star Trek, out of millions of worlds, Earth and humanity are special little snowflakes that everyone likes to pick on.

4. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

Even if he was about to calm down after a while i doubt Rura Penthe improved his mental state.

Sorry its my first post.

5. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

And your third!

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the board. Since these all seem to be saying the same thing, why don't I just delete the extra ones?

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I think some wanted a more Roddy McDowell kind of evil voice--Derick Jacobi sounds a lot similar

I wanted to see the shining ones that shed Armus--hey, maybe it was the Q itself.

That all struck me as unlike Trek. Gene R was a materialist for the most part (even if he believed in some psychic powers, and allowed for some weirdness)--that was almost a Conan-in-Space Chronicles of Riddick kind of thing--which I do like.

Was it Howard who wrote about the evil star Yamil Zacra?

8. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Clark Ashton Smith, I think.