If you were an action figure...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I'd be in some casual shirt, short grey skirt, and flip-flops. Black ones with silver glitter. I'd come with a copy of Pride and Prejudice, a cheeseburger, and my cat Comet. There would also be a Klingon version of me in one of those horrible outfits with a bat'leth, a bottle of prune juice, and Comet as a targ.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'd be wearing black dungarees (and they be called dungarees on the packaging :mallory:), with a green button-down shirt, sleeves rolled up, open in the front with my RJDiogenes.com tee shirt underneath and black sneakers. My accessories would be a cup of hot tea, a can of iced tea and a bottle of Twisted Tea.

4. Kommander

Kommander Commodore Commodore

Does that take up an accessory slot?

No, it doesn't. I've decided that comes standard. Also, the mold will use an actual-size casting of my junk. For an action figure, it would only be slightly small.

The Kommander action figure would come with random accessories left over from other action figures. One might have a guitar, a rocket launcher, and a tube of lipstick, while another would have a harpoon gun, a wrestling champion belt, and a hotdog.

5. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

If you'd ever participated in one of the crazy cyber-fights with Santaman, Jim Gamma and yours truely, you'd consider the combination of a lipstick and a rocket launcher a very useful one :D

The Wardrobe would be part of the 3 items you're allowed. One with an inbuilt black hole that makes infinite space for the contents. Or an automatic shrink/resize beam built into the key.

6. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Well, Holdfast his British. I bet his wardrobe is bigger on the inside. :D

(Also, I'm kinda bummed nobody commented on my Tenth Doctor outfit. I guess few people get excited about Time Lords' fashion :lol:)

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

If it did, I could have a variety of attachments for my groinal socket. Buzz saw, power drill, hedge trimmer, even an egg whisk.

8. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I always wanted to play with myself. Oh wait...

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'd come with my usual style of clothing. Earth-tone pullover and button-up shirts, a green or black cap, slightly worn blue jeans or dress slacks, brown or grey hiking shoes. I'd come with an interchangeable head you could pop on and off for when you want me to have facial hair.

My trusty beagle would be an articulated accessory with a wagging little tail, I'd have a small button or lever on my back that you could press for "Inappropriate Cooleddie Action Features" and - of course - my action figure would have a collection of its own action figures.

I'd retail for $9.99, but if you're nice and bribe me a little you can get it for $5.99.

10. rhubarbodendron

I never saw Dr Who :( to my knowledge it hasn't ever aired in Germany

11. iguana_tonante

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. (Another Doctor Who joke.)

Correct this. Now. You won't be sorry anymore. :techman:

12. rhubarbodendron

LOL :) Thanks for cheering me up on a cloudy and trist winter day :)
    I suppose Dr Who is available on youtube. Which season would you recommend?

13. iguana_tonante

I'd say start with the reimagined series (2005-). The old Doctor Who (1963-1989) has its charms, but it's a very different product, with low budget visuals and a very didactic approach, so it's not for everybody.

The new series is a continuation of the old, but with modern sensibilities and storylines. The main character is a near-immortal Time Lord who can cheat death by "regenerating" his body, so eleven actors have played him so far: seven for the old series, one for a tv movie during the 90s, and three in the new series (Nine, Ten, Eleven). You have one season for Nine (Christopher Eccleston), three for Ten (David Tennant), and three (so far) for Eleven (Matt Smith).

It's an excellent show, I can't really recommend it enough.

14. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Inline skates, thermocline wetsuit, jellybean dispenser.

15. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

I'd have two versions.

"Casual Bob" would come dressed in jeans, t-shirt and an light unbuttoned overshirt. Accessories would be a fishing pole, Browning Hi-power, and sunglasses.

"Professional Bob" would be in lawyer friendly version of my Paramedic uniform. Black boots, medic pants, and short sleeve shirt with generic looking patches. He'd come with a Stretcher, Lifepak 12 monitor (with Defibrillator pads), and a medic bag. Ambulance and Helicopter would of course be sold separately.

Maybe if things took off there could be a Comic Con exclusive version "Future Bob" in a TOS short-sleeve medical uniform. He'd come with a Type 1 phaser, medical tricorder, and communicator.

16. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

Grace the Graceless Wonder would probably be wearing a blue, cowlneck sweater; blue jeans and Dansko clogs. My accessories would be a bottle of Jagermeister *I'm a borderline alcoholic*, my cell phone; and my I.D.

17. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Lol I was kind of thinking of a cross between mr potato head and a ken doll. You'll get the basic attachments in with the doll but all the cool stuff comes seperately.

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Say my name three times, and I will appear... :devil:

Yeah, it's going to be tricky to narrow it down to 3 accessories and only one outfit. I think with that restriction (no fair; Ken has a whole range of different looks), I'd probably go with a grey tweedy suit, pale blue shirt, dark brown/cherry wingtips, a large-patterned pocket handkerchief in either silk or a wool/silk blend, and an appropriate tie, maybe a madder of some sort. If I can sneak in outerwear as part of the wardrobe without breaking the accessories limit, I'd add my dark brown plaid Chesterfield, brown/grey tartan scarf & dark brown leather gloves. It's a look I'm fond of wearing anyway in winter, so why not. :)

Accessories would be a nice pen, my glasses and an expenses claim form... :p

19. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Actually, it did. It was butchered by ProSieben on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. After two seasons it was cancelled. Do yourself a favour and watch the original version.
    The old show also aired on German TV in the 90s (not all of it, though, I suppose).

20. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They made one for me already:

[​IMG]