Internal Revenue Service stocking up on firearms and ammo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by TheMasterOfOrion, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wesley Snipes just got out of prison.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

2. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tin foil hats don't work if you twist them into antennas. Every crazy hick knows that :rolleyes:

4. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

You have to have the shiny side on the outside too. Otherwise you just look crazy.

5. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

And don't trust Reynolds Wrap. Everyone knows their in bed with the NSA. Why do you think stuff burns when you bake on Reynolds wrap: All them NSA radio signals it soaks up.

6. Awesome Possum

They place small RFID tags in them too. Obama wants to track what you put in the fridge. Alex Jones told me all about it.

I get all my news from him, Glenn Beck and singing woodland critters, so I know I'm not insane.

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

That's why I cut all the fillings in my teeth our with a rusty spork. Government man ain't going to be tracking.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, so you bought that album as well?

9. Awesome Possum

That beaver wouldn't lie to me.

10. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

This is why I don't own a cell phone. They can't use their GPS locators to find me. Besides, I heard those things cook your brains.

11. Awesome Possum

You have an IP address since you're using the internet. It can be traced to your provider and your provider can trace it your modem. Companies monitor this all the time just for copyright abuse, the government certainly can do the same.

The only way you're truly safe is living in the woods with no electricity and no one knows you're there.

12. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Oh yes, I know. I also left out the fact that I have a landline, so I'd be very easy to find. If they were after me, they know where I am, since I receive government disability benefits.

But I've never even used a cellphone, I don't know anything about how they work. One time I was waiting for the train, and this guy I'd never seen before wanted me to take his picture with his phone, even handed to me. When I tried to tell him I didn't know anything about them (and that I'm half blind), he got all mad and went into a tirade saying I didn't want to help him because he was black. Fortunately he calmed down, because it was making me nervous. He was polite (initially, and even apologized afterwards), well dressed, white shirt, tie, definitely some sort of office work guy. And I was wearing a cap, a t-shirt, jeans, and carrying my cane. Guess he was just having a bad day.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

We do, although I personally think AR-15's and M-16's are total shit - as are most Stoner weapons, for that matter. The Constitution and Bill of Rights, however, do not protect our right to own ammunition.

14. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

That seems like a ridiculous opinion. An M-16 without ammo is just a club, that can't possibly have been the intent of the men who wrote that law.

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's hope you use a cable router for your internet. One word: microwaves.

16. 137th Gebirg

That's the gift and curse of the Constitution - it was intentionally written so broadly that it can be exploited by either side (as it has) to benefit any kind of political agenda.

17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

And now you know what happened with the Bible as well. Different times, the texts aren't applicable anymore, they need to be updated or entirely rewritten.

It wasn't intentionally written so broadly, because it wasn't "broadly" back then. Look at the firearms that were available at the time. They didn't think that 300 years later there would be entirely different kind of firearms. A modern platoon could single handedly win all battles in the War of Independence.

18. Roger Wilco

I have no opinion about that one way or another, but do you seriously think any court in the USA would agree with your interpretation? (let alone the question of how that would play politically...)

19. 137th Gebirg

You (and others) seem to be proceeding to a false assumption - it's not my interpretation - it's the loophole these govt organizations are exploiting to buy our all the ammunition on the market - a loophole that they would use if it did go to court. Yes, there are certainly a lot of scared citizens buying stuff too, and the dealers are also intentionally hording the ammo, artificially inflating the prices to exploit the prevailing fear, but even they have been running out of everything eventually. If you can't control the guns, control what you can shoot out of them, and they've been quite effective, while simultaneously contributing to the same mass paranoia that the govt decries.

And it isn't just the IRS doing this. DOE and DHS has been doing it for years now, just under the radar. When the recent anti-gun legislation earlier this year failed, DHS in particular really stepped-up their purchasing efforts to a degree that actually did give Congress pause and a raised eyebrow - it was all over the news (not just conservative blogs), sprinkled with the ubiquitous poo-pooing and allegations of unfounded paranoia. The purchases seem to have recently dwindled due to sequestration limits, which I find mildly amusing (and ironic).

20. Roger Wilco

Well, no offense, but that does strike me as slightly crazy. Even if the US government managed to buy up the entire domestic supply of ammo (although without knowing any numbers I do have to raise my eyebrows at that), there's an almost literally infinite supply from outside the US as well. Ammunition is not difficult to produce and there's no lack of manufacturers. If that were a goal of the US government it would be completely idiotic imo. I think it wouldn't be a big exaggeration to say they might as well try to buy all the water in the world.

eta: and if you truely believe that, you've got to fucking put all your money in armament companies, they've got to make a killing!
    eta2: lol at the tags on this thread.