Interesting article I read recently with LeVar Burton

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by los2188, Oct 19, 2012.

1. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

2. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Yes, I hated that LaForge was inept around women. I felt that was unfortunate for the actor and the character.

3. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

I thought it was realistic in the sense that not everyone actually has a lot of relationships. My brother is like this, he's a loner by choice. So I relate to Geordi LaForge as a character.

I am glad they didn't go for that "original wardrobe/makeup test" look. That would have dated the show a bit much.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Why do people have a problem with LaForge being bad around women? Not everyone can be Kirk! :p

5. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

Grant, I couldn't agree with you more to save the universe...if that makes any sense. I too hated how LaForge was inept around women. He doesn't have to be Kirk-like, but give him something....at least something that wasn't a holodeck creation or something. I do admit that I was tickled to death when Worf was "tutoring" LaForge on love and women..."women must be conquered." :)

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Worf knew what he was talking about!

He was involved with K'Ehleyr, Troi, Jadzia, and Ezri!;)

7. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Yes ,there is a middle ground between Kirk and inept. It was almost a Barclay level of nervousness as it concerned women for Geordi.