I can't watch Enterprise anymore...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by kythe, Sep 1, 2012.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Borg Queen origin story is the one I'd most have liked to see, actually.

It would have explained her obsession with humanity and wanting a human equal.

Here are brief synopsis the rest of ENT's unmade episodes:
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Undeveloped_Star_Trek:_Enterprise_episodes

Here's a script review of Star Trek: The Beginning, the unmade Romulan War film (where Enterprise is at Risa and misses the whole thing): http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34635

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's just too much NX-01 makes contact with every major story line ever, the Borg Queen one. Going to look at the others.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that was part of Enterprise's weakness... they spent too much time touching on other storylines than just telling their own.

4. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Ah to have seen Alice Krige as the Borg Queen one more time...
    The Kzinti, T'Pol being half-Romulan, so much potential...

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I agree. I think "Regeneration" (which I enjoyed) was plenty of Borg stuff for ENT.

6. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Romulan storyline, especially with T'pol and Trip's return / resurrection, was something i was really looking forward to as well :(

M

7. teacake

Regeneration still provokes some over the use of the Borg even though we never hear their name. It's very well done though, from the "The Thing" homage to the fast pace it builds up to. Music is good too.

Also the Borg Queen says "my species" at some point, to differentiate between her origin and humans. She is not a human so it really wouldn't make any sense.

8. F. King Daniel

^That wasn't Alice Krige's Borg Queen. That was Susanna Thompson. So it could be explained away that way.

Then again, the plot synopsis says Starfleet but it doesn't say human. She may have been one of those aliens that just happen to look just like us.

9. teacake

I thought we were just supposed to pretend Krige and Thompson were the same Borg Queen physically.

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Queen identified herself as a different species number than humanity. Don't ask me to recall from memory, but I'm sure it's on Memory Alpha.

I'm sure people would be trying to use the different actresses to somehow "justify" this plot arc that thankfully never happened, but that's a weak arguement to say the least. I suppose Ziyal was just getting plastic surgery every few weeks or Cardassians shed their ridges or something too? ;)

I dunno, most of the ideas of the proposed season 5 of Enterprise just made me cringe and think it was best they ended on a high note... well not sucking anyways on Season 4 minus Storm Front and TATV.

11. F. King Daniel

Oh, we were. I was just in excuse-the-plot-holes mode.:)

12. teacake

You know how I found out that Ziyal was played by 3 different actors? I found out here, on this BBS, after already watching DS9 all the way through at least 3 times.

This is why I am the perfect audience.

13. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

Its actually realistic if his personality deteriorates, when considering the circumstances, thats not the issue I have with the show.

The issues with the show are that it sucks shit on several levels.

14. F. King Daniel

Please, detail them for us. ALL of them. We need more of your deep and insightful commentary.

15. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

If someone said "The show kicks ass on several levels." you wouldn't want to hear any details, would you?

16. teacake

I would.

But oddly people with positive things to say don't usually engage in drive by's.

17. kythe

kythe Commander Red Shirt

Well, I finally finished watching "Damage" and I'm still upset with it, but "The Forgotten" proved to be a much better episode. This is the direction the story should have gone in the first place, skipping many of their other misadventures. And it dealt with the hard topic of crew deaths. This is something we rarely see in Star Trek since consequences rarely have effects lasting beyond the end of an episode. They did well with this one.

18. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

Lot of multiple character people in Trek. All the time I recognize faces and voices.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

What you're not taking into account is this is a prequel to TOS. There was no Prime Directive, No Federation. Earth was infants in Space Exploration, and the Vulcans showed us over and over again, they didn't believe Earth was ready to be out there, being cowboys. This arc of Archer's, is what made the way for the Federation see in TOS and later in TNG. Look at the difference between TOS and TNG Federation, you have that same difference between ENT and TOS.

Yes, absolutely, Archer and crew were out of their League, it was Earth's first venture out there, and their first experience with an Interstellar threat, and they made a lot of mistakes (which in turn taught Kirk and Picard and all those who came after not to make those same mistakes). ENT is, what, almost 200 years earlier than TNG?

In Voyager, even Capt. Janeway makes a comment about how "uncivilized" Kirk's Federation was, and that he'd be drummed out of Starfleet of her day. Naturally, 80 some years before Kirk, it's going to be even more uneven on the scale of good to bad decisions.

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

3? IMDB only lists 2? I had to look it up, because I've never noticed either, and I've had 2 full rewatches and the original airing mostly watched