Facebook CEO admits he messed up.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by tkron, May 24, 2010.

1. tkron

tkron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Shikarnov

Shikarnov Rear Admiral Premium Member

Pittsburgh, PA - (TX, CT, & RF in years past)
  3. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

I don't use Facebook so I'm not really 'in the loop' with such things, but isn't the founder of the site on record as laughing at his users for trusting him with so much of their data? Not exactly something which inspires confidence.

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

People in general sometimes turn off their brain when going online.

How many blogs, social sites and the like have you seen where people post the most intimate, embarrasing and private stuff for everybody to see and read and not think twice of it.

HR people nowadays routinely use the net to check on applicants and see who they really are and sometimes they see pictures of the person stonecold drunk amidst a gangbang and such.. try getting a good job after exposing yourself like that.

Personally i don't get social sites like Facebook, myspace etc.. i have all the contact info for my friends and if they want i'll tell them how my days ways.. no need telling strange people that i couldn't take a dump in two days.

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I don't know about the current Facebook issues, but seriously, just use common sense and don't put private stuff out there in the public like that. If you don't want someone to know something or see something about you, or gain important info, then don't put it on the Internet.

6. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

That's because he's a 20-something year old, beady-eyed, billionaire DOUCHE-BAG that everyone seems to hate once they meet him. He's a fucking slime ball. A woman once told him that he'd go through life thinking women wouldn't talk to him because he was a rich geek, when in reality it would be "because he was an asshole". :lol:

7. Rek

Rek Commander Red Shirt

I'm not angry at facebook or any place. If you don't want people to get your info just don't put it online - anywhere online.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

My account was suspended because they claimed my email wasn't valid. I re-entered it, and they claimed the same thing.

Oh well. I only signed on to that stupid site because my friends want me to.

Screw them.

9. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

And those same people will bitch and whine that their privacy is being invaded. Um, right. What you're doing is the equivalent of leaving the front door to your house open so that people can just walk in and look around.

I've had a few friends send me invites, but I abhor social networking. I've been viewed as paranoid and "out of it" and yet more and more has come out about what these companies are doing with people's personal information.

No thanks.

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? My friends said the same thing about me. I don't see the point anyway, since all three of the friends who invited me live in the same city and we can visit in person whenever we want.

Plus, there's always the phone, or email.

11. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I have a Facebook but the privacy options are about as locked-down as I can get them. I also post very little to it. I sure as hell would never post anything potentially embarrassing, and I would instantly de-friend anyone who posted anything embarrassing or untrue about me.