Lost SPOILERS Four-Toed Foot!

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Capn Flukie, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tidbits from DarkUFO:

Aw, I want some Libby!

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damnation! I want more Libby! :(

Hmmm..."What Kate Does." Interesting parallell to "What Kate Did."

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've been saying they've been done with the Libby story for two years now. I wish people would give it a rest.

4. 777

777 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't know... I love lost, but if the following is true, it looks like we have the almighty reset button again, which would really p**s me off.

from http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63538

5. 777

777 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

from http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/10/jacob.html

6. The Nth Doctor

I don't think it's a reset but the scene described is what I expected. However, I think there will be a big twist to it.

As for the poll, my money is on Ricard.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I don't think there will be a reset, or if there is it won't last long, and Richard is absolutely Jacob's son.

8. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Oh boy, I can't wait for the final season! I love Lost!

9. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Richard doesn't really look like Jacob. Given he's Hispanic and Jacob seems pretty white to me. Even if Jacob's wife/lover was Hispanic I doubt any child would look like Richard. By the same token we can probably rule out: Michael & Sayid. I think we can also rule out Locke (It seems pretty definite who his dad was. His dad wouldn't have come after him for a kidney if he wasn't his actual son), We saw Ben's birth and his father's resentment to him, so I don't think it is Ben. Kate's Mom and "dad" both seem pretty sure that Kate killed her biological father, so that put Kate out. Hurley's parents seem pretty tight now, and loving, so I don't think Hurley would be Jacobs son either.

I don't think such a big reveal would be wasted on a brand new, supporting character like: Bram, Caesar or Illana, because, who would care?

I also don't think it will be Juliet, because A) she's on another show now and won't be on Lost for more then a guest appearance or two this season. B) We've seen why she was brought to the island, her scientific skills, not because of another reason.

So that leaves Jack, Sawyer & Desmond.

All could be good contenders. Jack would be the obvious choice since he is the main guy on the show, but his father seems pretty sure he's Jack's dad. And acts like it.

Could be Sawyer, but I don't know why they would pick him, for that role. It would seem out of left field if that were the case.

So that leaves Desmond. We've never seen/heard anything about Desmond's parents. He has flashes of the future, he jumps through time, he was "drawn" to the island. If Jacob and his adversary are battling for the island, with Ben and Widmore as "pawns" in the battle, well Desmond has ties to Widmore and Ben and their battle for the the island. It wouldn't surprise me if we found out that Widmore was the son of Jacob's adversary.

So I think Desmond is the most logical choice for child of Jacob. It would make the most sense thematically, structurally, etc...

10. The Nth Doctor

Hmmm...interesting argument. I could see Desond being Jacob's son, but I still wonder about Richard's connection to the Island. There's still the old theory that he came from the Black Rock but alternatively perhaps he's the son of Jacob's adversary?

11. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since the season finale I've been thinking there is going to be a big reset but with a "Lost" twist. Basically they're plan works, sort of. The time line is altered but only those close to the blast retain their memories but obviously changing the past has other implications.

12. Capn Flukie

Hooray for Zombie Season!!! Except for Nikki and Paulo of course...

13. The Nth Doctor

Very cool news, if true. The fact that source says Watros is returning is slightly damning considering we keep hearing that she's not returning.

14. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!

15. Capn Flukie

They took my boy! Right Outta Mah HANDS!!!

16. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

:lol:

17. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

If the plane is now going to land safely as it was supposed to back in 2004, how are they going to explain the fact that Walt is now eight foot seven?

18. Capn Flukie

Now that my friend is a VERY good question.

19. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

:lol:

20. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What I'm more interested in is what/where will Desmond be? If there is no hatch to cause the plane to crash, that means that Kelvin Inman never found Desmond on the beach. So does that mean Desmond still shipwrecked on the island is has been stranded there for the last three years, living alone in the jungle like Russo? Has he met Russo and been living with her? Was he caught by the others and is with them now? We know he is in the show, so he wasn't killed by the smoke monster.

Or, by destroying the hatch, does that somehow prevent Desmond from ever shipwrecking on the island in the first place?