POLL: Will you buy Star Trek XI on DVD or Blu-Ray?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Dream, Sep 6, 2009.

?

Will you buy Star Trek XI on video?

1. Yes, 2 disc DVD

37 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Yes, 1 disc DVD

10 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Yes, 3 disc Blu-ray

50 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. No

18 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

That PS3 has to be good for something. Blu-Ray.

2. misterx3

misterx3 Ensign Red Shirt

I don't understand why you guys buy blu-ray. I mean, I love blu-ray quality films, but hell, it's like 30 bucks for a movie.

3. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Blu-Ray for sure!

4. Rii

Rii Rear Admiral

Yeah. I have a few Blu-Rays, but none of 'em are recent blockbuster releases. I'd prefer the film on Blu-Ray, but I think it'll come in too expensive for my tastes. On the other hand, I certainly don't want to pay for it twice. Maybe I'll torrent a rip whilst waiting for the prices to drop. :lol:

5. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Blu-ray for me.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm going with the 2 disc DVD.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

And it's WORTH it.

Think of it this way: Those who have Blu-Ray players will also have HDTVs. You think we want to feed those HDTVs with anything other than the very best quality sources? I'm not putting some crappy standard def DVD in there if I can avoid it.

8. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

I do more selective purchasing. So far, the only things I've bought on blu-ray are Blade Runner, The Dark Knight, and the first two seasons of Mad Men.

Star Trek (2009) will be joining the hallowed ranks.

9. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

10. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you look around you can get them for 23 usually.

11. misterx3

misterx3 Ensign Red Shirt

I see your point there. I think you just may have convinced me to get the blu-ray version. I just realized that I have an HDTV, so I might as well put it to use...

(By the way, does anyone here own the new Blu-Ray release of the first 6 Trek movies? I was considering getting it but I've heard that they didn't even clean it up, it's just standard definition with a higher price tag and the words "Blu-ray" slapped on.)

12. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And there are good deals to be found if you just wait a while. I've got over 100 Blu-rays and I would say that for half of them I've paid under $20. As low as $10 for some. Patience is a virtue.

That being said, I wil put virtue aside when STAR TREK hits video. The three disk Blu-ray will be mine. Might even take the day off work.

13. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

In my case, I usually avoid getting the blu-ray but for certain special films (a star trek movie falling into this category) I'll get the blue-ray

14. Tyralak

Tyralak Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think I will break down and buy a Blu-Ray player when this one comes out.

15. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

^ i like the way you think!

3 disc BR for me as well.

I've also gotten a few Blu-ray movies at decent prices. Like Mike Farley said, you just have to be patient and look/wait for them.

16. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

I hope to get it for christmas the 2 disc edition

17. EslavaC

EslavaC Cadet Newbie

I've already pre-ordered the 3 disk Blu-ray set. I wish the set with 12" model of Enterprise were a lot less then it is. But since its limited to 5000 or so I guess some people will pay the $90 for it. I cant wait to see the movie in High Def glory. Also have to find R2D2 in the Fleet Debris Field. The ship itself and the new warping effects look really good not like the original exactly but it is an alternate universe. Nero changed the Federations War footing in a lot of ways more advanced weaponry, advances in warp technology that they more then likely didn't have in the Prime Universe. I especially loved all those lovely phasers shooting. The Prime Enterprise only had 2 phasers. I cant recall how many the new Enterprise has but it looked good shooting so many phasers at once and at least a couple of photon torpedoes.

18. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I voted for the 2-disc DVD, but I know my brother is getting me the movie for Christmas... so whatever he gets I will be happy! I have the 50" DLP ("It's the mirrors") and an up-convert DVD player (I find it does quite well for my purposes).:techman:

19. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

My average per BD purchase is about $16.50, and that's including lots of season boxed sets.

20. marcus.t

marcus.t Ensign Newbie

This was a great film and well shot to-it will look fantastic on blu ray,also looking forward to the behind the scenes and deleted scenes with the klingons!