Seven of Nine in "Revulsion"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by EJA, Feb 5, 2009.

1. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

I just watched "Revulsion" on the VOY Season 4 DVD set. It's always been one of my favourite episodes of the series, not least because of its subplot about Harry's crush on Seven. The scene with the two of them in the mess hall is absolutely brilliant, hilarious and sexy at the same time. I love the way Seven casually asks Harry if he's in love with her, her comment about his pupils dilating when he looks at her body, and then when she instructs him to remove his clothes. I have to say, I think Jeri Ryan was very sexy in that sequence; she did it so well!

2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

That was a pretty good episode. I liked how Seven was matter of fact about Kim's attraction, in way dissecting attraction in general. Are you in love? No. So you just want to jump into the sack?

I was realy dissapointed that the Kim/Seven dynamic died, it was far more interesting to me than the Doctor/Seven arc.

3. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Revulsion is alright with me. It was good that they gave Harry something to do and seeing The Doc and B'Elanna together was also great. They did hint a lot of Seven/Kim thing during the season four, but once season five began, there was no traces left of it whatsoever.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just watched this episode. The plot with the satanic hologram kinda creeped me out (Probably why I don't watch this episode that much) but I did love the stuff between Kim and Seven. I do have a question though. What was the episode where Kim had a relationship with a Hologram. I don't remember that one. The only one I do remember prior to season 4 was him having a bit of a relationship in Favorite Son but those women weren't holograms.

5. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I'm not mistaken, I think that's season 3's Alter Ego.

6. Tachyon

^You are right.

7. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

Yes, I'm kind of disappointed the Seven/Harry relationship never went anywhere. I'd have much rather seen them together than for her to end up with Chakotay; she seemed to have more chemistry with Harry.

I must say though, had I been in Harry's place in "Revulsion", I would almost certainly have taken her up on her offer :drool:

8. Tachyon

I am quite surprised to see the comments on Kim/Seven. I always assumed D/7 was more popular among the fans.

Personally either one could have worked for me. C/7 on the other hand - never.

9. taskmaster42a

taskmaster42a Lieutenant Red Shirt

It would have been more interesting showing Harry re-introduce Seven to her humanity and give Harry apurpose now that Tom and Belanna were starting their relationship. Also watching Seven and the Doctor trying to explore something neither one had a clue about was pretty lame.
    I always thought the other thing in that episode was the way Tom treated Seven in sickbay. I was waiting for Harry to turn around and remind Tom how it was when he first came on Voyager and no one but Harry was willing to give him a chance to be friends.

10. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I liked Seven/Harry and Seven/Doctor, but HATED Seven/Chak. The latter just came out of nowhere.

11. Tachyon

Interesting ideas. Could have actually worked. :cool: