Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The fact that he has been working with him for most of season 2 seems to indicate he has gotten over his hatred of the Arrow.

2. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think this last episode for sure puts Lance on the side of Team Arrow, if we weren't sure before.

Lance totally broke protocol taking Bertinelli in the van with Arrow and Canary to trade for Laurel. That isn't the first "grey" decision he's made, but it's the clearest. I don't see how he could arrest Ollie now, unless Ollie did something way over the top.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It's the bad wig. It totally changes what Sara looks like. And will probably be Sara's legacy to Laurel. ;)

4. LaxScrutiny

Well, I haven't seen any of my siblings naked since we were about 5 years old, so that example doesn't sway me.
    I still remain unconvinced Laurel can ever become BC. The show is running on the premise of about 5 years training (without Mirakuru) to become awesome enough to kick ass while in a costume. Laurel has yet to achieve year one.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She was hitting people with a staff this week.

I'm not saying it's a good start,, but it is a start.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, this week showed that she won't shrink from a fight at least. She held her own against random thug #3.

7. LaxScrutiny

Smacking someone with your law clerk does not make you a hero.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, we've seen Laurel hold her own in several fights now. She's not at Arrow/Canary levels, but she's not totally useless in a fight.
    As for the episode, I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as some of the last few, but I still thought it was pretty good overall. The stuff with Helena gave us some good material for Sarah. Although I do agree that Laurel not recognizing Sarah was kind of ridiculous, but I've seen enough superhero stories at this point I'm willing to overlook that. While her turn around has been kind of quick, it is nice to actually see Laurel being likeable again.
    As for the Roy storyline, I was thinking that Ollie telling him to stay away from Thea was also him attempting to motivate him to get his act together, not just to protect Thea.

9. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the way the series is dealing with Roy's addiction in a slightly different way than in the comics. I hope that a way is found to help Roy control it than is different than simply willpower because that would make Slade Wilson look less intimidating.

As for Laurel, I was in the camp that she couldn't be a hero but now that powers are actually entering the Arrow universe perhaps there will be some way to upload fighting abilities into her mind? The actress though certainly doesn't have the same physique as Sarah at this point -- assuming her abs are not CGI.

The series has not disappointed thus far and that has paid off in our confidence in the producers.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

What addiction does Roy have in the series?

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

If we are going to talk fighting ability is there any way the Huntress should have held her own against someone with League training? I guess you could say Sara was holding back on her lethal moves but still Sara should have easily overpowered her. As for Lt. Drebin um I mean Detective Lance yea he knows.

12. Guy Gardener

To violence.

His own body rewards him for cutting loose into people.

Every time he punches someone it probably feels like a shot of heroin.

At least that's why I assume that it's so hard for him to stop from killing people, and why he's so angry when he's forced to stop.

13. Guy Gardener

Just because her fighting style is 90 percent aerobics, it doesn't mean that it's not effective.

Do you think you could win a MMA cage match against Jane Fonda?

14. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

This is the DC universe.

Just putting on a pair of regular glasses is enough to disguise you from people who work with you every day and even crush on your alter ego.

A mask and a voice scrambler are light years ahead in DC disguise technology.

15. theenglish

Yes, this is what the series is using instead of making him a junkie.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/03/6_comic_stories_in_which_normally_cheerful_heroes.php

Last of the six stories.

16. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCUIzs8i9EU[/yt]

17. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Another episode of Arrow, another DC comic series screwed over. This was worse than SS for me, since the first Birds of Prey run is one of my favorite comic series ever. Huntress still sucks, and Sara isn't very good. Having the crazy murderer fight the boring vigilante was really annoying, and at this point Laurel isn't exactly making things interesting. They topped all this off by having a cliche "stay away from my sister" moment between Ollie and Roy, and more of Slade acting like a generic psychopath instead of anything resembling Deathstroke from the (good) comics.

Arrow needs to stop using unrelated DC properties. From Flash to the Suicide Squad, they keep screwing it up. I'd like a run of episodes with just Arrow stuff, no other DC characters that weren't, say, around in season 1 (outside of maybe some one shot villains). The first season was a lot better, and they did it without screwing up so many DC characters. Hopefully season 3 will be done with Slade, and we may actually get a decent villain (and hopefully a death for Black Canary at the end of this season). I'm still watching Arrow, but I wish it would get back to more of Ollie being a vigilante and less of the Lance drama and nutty Slade Wilson stuff.

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

For what it's worth, I think Slade is controlling it right now by channeling his anger into revenge. He's clearly not as out of control as he was on the island. It's not easy to say if willpower alone is sufficient, but I'm sure Roy will figure it out.

19. theenglish

But so far Slades motive for revenge is non-existent. Ollie was clearly not responsible for Shados death and it was only the drug that convinced Slade otherwise.

20. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Though, not unprecedented: