Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We'll just have to wait and see.
    I only hope that it will be someone with experience in both, TV and theater work. That definitely proved to be an advantage in David Tennant's case.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

No thanks, he doesn't look like the could carry the shows energy and pacing.

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank God for that. Might mean an end to all the childish, clowning around.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm still as doubtful now of Rory Kinnear in the role as I was this morning.

5. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

Can't say he made an impression on me in Skyfall. Though his Father would have made a very good Doctor in the 70s or 80s, now I think about it. If he can pull off that same combination of depth, comedy and occasional darkness he dad had he'll do very well.

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was shocked to see that he's only 35, he looks older to me.

7. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

I thought he was older too. He'd be an interesting choice.

8. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It is the standard BBC that gets criticised for stuff like this, America isn't getting blamed.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I kinda hope the Rory Kinnear rumour is true, I think he'd be a great Doctor, very different to any of the other modern Whos. Good actor, good age, especially given he looks older than his actual years. Haven't seen him do anything really eccentric but I do feel he's probably a good enough actor to pull off the Doctor's eccentricity.

10. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Sorry, what I meant was I haven't seen him play an eccentric character. Black Mirror was odd/surreal, but he played the PM very straight.

12. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, that's true.

:)

13. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

He looks like he'd be a shorter, rounder Eccleston. But then, I'm just basing it on that picture. I've seen Skyfall, but don't recall him at all. Does that mean Cumberbatch has turned the role down again then?

14. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

You've set it better than I could. :)

It isn't BBC America that I've seen British fans hating on. Actually, they seem to be both jealous and appreciative that BBC America is doing a Doctor Who retrospective series.

What irks these fans, that I've seen, is that the BBC isn't doing anything like that in the home country. Instead of showing classic Who to millions on BBC3, they're doing the film series that reaches two or three hundred people.

15. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, maybe the retrospectives will be released on video or iTunes :). Also, I highly doubt that Cumberbatch was ever a serious contender for the role. The dude is busy being Sherlock Holmes, and is probably going to transition into more of a movie star and move away from television. Isn't that always the way? Anyways, the retrospectives are informative and entertaining :) I hope you guys get to see them eventually. BBC America takes eons to load new things onto their on-demand list, so I'm stilling waiting on the fifth Doctor episode :).

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

We in the US didn't get Confidential, it's just one of those unfortunate things.

17. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Kinnear is a great actor but he mainly does theatre, his TV and film stuff has been pretty limited to stuff he could fit around theatre runs so it would be a major departure for him to take this role but maybe he fancies a change.

18. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

19. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It's a good thing that the Doctor can completely change his personality as well as his appearance when he regenerates then. There's nothing wrong with him turning into a more reserved and dignified individual, if that's even what would happen if this casting turns out to be true.

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Also people tend to forget that actors, well they act. Eccleston's take on the Doctor was quite different to how I thought he'd play it when he was cast, Kinnear (or someone like him) might similarly play it very different to how they've undertaken different roles.