Nu T-Pring

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by serenitytrek1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

OMG that would totally blow (my mind).

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey indranee what's that pic in your sig all about?

3. indranee

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  4. teacake

Oh I didn't recognize Benedict, LOLOL

5. FarStrider

FarStrider Commander Red Shirt

All of those hybrids appeared in the mid-to-late 24th century, though. Technology was more advanced. TOS didn't show many other hybrids. . .Spock was probably very difficult to conceive in the early-to-mid 23rd century.

We don't know that Vulcan genes are dominant. . .Spock had to be genetically engineered; he lived on Vulcan, it would be logical that the scientists making him made his Vulcan genes dominant.

Not canon. Obviously, the writers and Nimoy nixed it quite early in the process.

I agree that in vitro technology will most likely become very important to the Vulcans, and I will go further in saying that the whole bonded for life thing may have to go by the wayside. Logically, to maximize their gene pool in the quickest time possible, every Vulcan's genes will be combined with the maximum amount of partners (maybe via artificial wombs and a creche-based society). Every child becomes everyone's responsibility.

As pointed out above, there are more logical ways of procreation that fulfill the need for maximum genetic combinations in a short amount of time than to force unwilling participants into a pair-bond for life with someone they can't stand and forcing the female to have litters of children like kittens.

Here's a real world example for you: Scientists did not breed gray wolves to dogs (huskies, malamutes, Samoyeds) and call the offspring wolves in order to get them off the endangered species list. What makes you think Vulcans are going to be willing to "pollute" their gene pool?

Also, logically, considering that the pure genetic expression of Spock's Vulcan genes is Sarek, and since Sarek is still alive, and can contribute that genetic material to New Vulcan, Spock's genes (with their human taint) are not necessary. And if they ARE necessary, Spock Prime has already said that he can be in 2 places at once.

~FS

6. indranee

'cos you were busy eyeing Zach I know.

7. teacake

I never look at Cumberbatch. You may have as much of him as you like!

8. indranee

And I will :p

Btw, your ava is making me blush, you naughty Captain you.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Captain Janeway doesn't do anything half-assed

ETA: Wait, that sounds far more suggestive than I intended it to :alienblush:

10. teacake

Is it.. the stitches?

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Amen. ;)

Exactly, because had they done that, then they would have a new species or at least a new subgroup of an existing species, and they wouldn't be preserving the old one. Sarek and Spock Prime (if needed) will do just fine in aiding in the cause to rebuild Vulcan. They've lived their lives, and they can afford to be the compensation for letting new Spock live his freely.

So was I. :) Nice pictures. Everyone looks nice at those events.

12. teacake

MY EYES MY EYES

13. indranee

It's the.... eyes.

14. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
  15. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ They do look good together in that picture on the left, but I still don't think they were meant for each other. "Explain/Specify" says it all.

Why do you say that? Did your little pink friend there poke 'em out? :p

16. teacake

I said it because of YOUR eyes which are so freaking creepy!

17. Spock/Uhura Fan

Oh, lol. :) That's what I was going for, but I didn't want to make them look hideous. His pupils aren't right, and I was going to fix them until I realized that adds to the weirdness. I did a little bit more with Uhura (or Hoorah!). This is my version of zombie-chic. Just because you're undead doesn't mean you can't try to look "nice."