Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Lynn Minmay, Feb 21, 2012.

1. RangerH

RangerH Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It surprises me, that with SBY2199 airing in Japan now, that Crunchyroll did not get the simulcast rites. That would have allowed it to get to a wider audience. Of course if what is being said about sensitivities about WWII being the deciding factor as to it not being done, I understand. But I think this actually would have been a benefit versus trying to placate another country.

2. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Crunchyroll probably can't get the rights due to StarBlazers 2199 being in the works. There's probably more benefit to the production committee if they just forgo subbed streams for dubs, since it prevents streams from becoming a sticking point with broadcasters.

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That, and the fact that they basically expect people who want the series with subs to buy the BDs directly from Japan.

4. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Plus the series is probably licensed by somebody in the US, since it's being dubbed by Bang Zoom for ComicCon. Thus some other company has the license, probably the same company that released Starblazers here. Either that or Production IG intends to release the dub themselves on some super-special bilingual BD import set that fans will have to sell a kidney to afford.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  5. RangerH

RangerH Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The company that owns the rights currently, is Voyager Ent. Which is in Japan coincidentally. There was, if they are still around, an office either in Canada or in the US for the company to handle all the rights here. Bang Zoom got hired to do the dubs, and that is about it. The actual company that will have the distribution rights, that is a different story.

6. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I've been watching the episodes on pinoyanime. It really looks good. I hope the whole series makes it to DVD in the US eventually.

7. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I shouldn't have looked (I hate spoilers ;)); that said, I'm a bit miffed I have to wait until 10/25/13 for my Vol. 7 Blu-Ray to ship - and I probably won't be watching it until November 4th or 5th (and no, it looks so nice on my 73" Mitsubishi DLP that I won't go looking for it on Youtube.:rofl::techman:):lol:

9. Ithekro

By now it should be clear that anything new could be spoilers. It goes without saying for a show like this.

Still didn't see what was firing that beam.

Also there should be a 8 minute preview of episode 23 very soon now on Bandai Channel (it will show up in places until August 24th when the copyrigth holders will want it down).

10. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll lay odds that it was a tractor beam that drags the Yamato to Gamilon.

It's just a guess though.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

No I'm pretty sure thats Desslar blasting them with his wave motion gun since that was the cliff hanger ending.

12. Ithekro

There is a 10 minute preview of episode 23 out already. If someone else hasn't posted it the next 20 or so hours, I will.

13. Ithekro

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  14. zakkrusz

I'm sorely tempted to start watching this again, but I figured I'd just save myself some headaches by just waiting until it's complete and marathoning it. From what I did watch of it already it seems like the type of storyline that would be more awesome when watched that way.

15. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why wait? I've seen everything up to this point, but plan to do a Marathon viewing myself once I have the last Blu-Ray volume. :techman:;)

16. zakkrusz

Well, I figured that if I have to wait months in between batches of episodes I might as well just wait until it's all done with. That way I can concentrate on the other 11 anime shows I'm watching this season.

17. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's better than anything on air currently.

18. Ithekro

Well you have two months or so wait for the last batch to be out on Blu-ray.

22 episodes are out already and the last group of four will be in theaters in three days.

Two weeks later the last episodes will start to come out weekly on MBS TV stations in Japan (Sundays at 5:00pm). Reportedly a fansub group has picked it up to do those episodes in September to lesses the wait until the Blu-ray comes out at the end of October.

19. zakkrusz

That's fine. I have Attack on Titan, A Certain Scientific Railgun S, Highschool DXD New, Kimi no Iru Machi, Majestic Prince, Monogatari: Second Season, Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen, Space Brothers, Sunday Without God, and The World God Only Knows: Goddesses to keep me entertained. Plus I'm also making my way through Jormungand, Is This a Zombie?, and Fist of the North Star 2 too.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  20. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

One more week until the episodes air. At this point, I don't think I can wait. :lol: