Grimm, season 2 thread.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sojourner, Aug 16, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed this episode. I liked the whole anagram thing, although I have to admit I didn't catch Rumpelstiltskin as one of the names, but I did catch Farscape reference though.

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

The episode was certainly enjoyable with the anagrams and the puzzles and the Rumpelstiltskin (and of course Aeryn Sun). Buut... was I the only one finding it ridiculous they couldn't just trace the guy's character to whatever registration information he gave? Or did I somehow miss an explanation for why that wasn't possible?

Because that kept nagging me the whole time, I was actually more involved in the Juliette/Rosalee/Monroe plotline. I wonder how Juliette is going to react when she gets her full memory back and realizes that at one point Nick was trying to share everything with her? And for that matter considering everything with the spice shop, wouldn't it make sense for Nick to try again coming clean with her?

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a quick reference to why they couldn't track his IP. I don't remember exactly what it was, it was fairly quick so it was easy to miss.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The thing that most surprised me was that the "radical new technology" that the company came up with actually would be radically new in the MMO industry. They got the detail right.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw that on some other sites earlier, and it makes me very happy.

7. Thestral

Definitely very glad it's been renewed. Between that and moving to Tuesday night - better than Friday night, right? - it seems Grimm is becoming a pretty important part of NBC's lineup, eh?

Also definitely glad we're getting some solid movement on the Juliette front... maybe by the end of the season she'll finally be in on the masquerade? Hopefully? Please?

Is it fair to say Bud is now officially a backup member of the... what should we call Nick's gang of Scoobies?

Solid episode this last time, except for the complete lack of Rosalee, which is always a boo. Kind of fascinating that even with the killing of the... fire-demon-thingy... we still don't know much about it or where it comes from. Was it tied specifically to that mountain? Not a La Llorona-type "WTF did we just fight?!?!", but still.

Also - I totally dug Tali'Zorah's aunt as the head of the Romani-esque Vessen (I assume?) clan.

8. Enterprise is Great

I love Grimm but this Juliet amnesia storyline is really dragging on way too long. I wish they had wrapped it up mid-season and that she'd be let in on the whole thing then.

I loved the soultion to the fire demon dude. When monroe picked up the piece with the eye it creeped the hit out of me.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is no way those guys were taking enough precautions not to lose a finger from blowback.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Love the show - wish they'd ditch Juliet though, as, really, she serves no purpose

11. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm not exactly sure why, but every time that Juliette goes into her Spanish speaking mode with that mystical woman my jaw drops. She speaks impeccable Spanish. Looking her up in IMDB shows that she was born in San Diego, California but lived in Spain, Uruguay (where I'm from!) and Argentina. The first few times she spoke, I had to look closely to see if they were dubbing her voice; they were not. It's probably that I've been living in California too long and I've only been really hearing the Mexican version of Spanish that is messing with me.

12. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

100% agreement.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Eye candy

:p

14. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was out of town, so taped the episode. Hubby watched it. He speak (Mexican) Spanish and said "Juliette's" Spanish is like music to listen to.

15. Thestral

So, anybody else catch these last two episodes with the new timeslot? Between the move and the third-season announcement things are looking good for Grimm.

The alien episode was solid, and glad to see Rosalee and Monroe get their gamefaces on if only momentarily.

I really liked the muse episode - in large part I'll admit because of Nora Zehetner, who I miss from way back in Heroes. I wonder if she's gonna pop back up since Renard just sent her off with a warning not to come back? Probably not.

Next week zombies! Looks like old-school voodoo zombies though, should be fun.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Just dawned on me. Hank's injury is probably real to the actor. Would explain why he gets sent on vacation and being wheeled out in his office chair.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually had the same thought. If you notice he also seemed to be spending as much time as possible sitting down.

18. Enterprise is Great

Russell Hornsby broke his ankle so they wrote it into the show.

19. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This has got to be my favorite show on TV right now.

And I like watching it with Hubby, since he doesn't watch much TV, it's nice to have something we watch together. And high-fiveing everytime Monroe has a good line.

20. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

I figured it was something like that. The episode the character left, he was sitting the whole time. Hope he gets well soon!

I also cannnot wait for tonight. I am so glad that Juliette is remembering stuff and loves Nick. Can we get passed this storyline already?