Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Yeah, and now I know why Slott expects fan rage.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep. He's been warning us and predicting negative reaction for months now as reported.

@Guy...Bendis is writing it so yeah Moon Knight is in it :)

3. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

This ASM talk now has me wishing my day off work this week was tomorrow, rather than today.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Turned off by Cornell referring Wolverine as "James". :ack:

5. Admiral_Young

Not an Origin fan eh?

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought that was weird as well, who refers to Wolverine as "James"? :wtf:

7. Nerys Myk

To me James Howlett is someone Wolverine/Logan left behind decades ago. That person no longer exists. It makes no sense for Logan to think of himself as "James" and for a writer to refer to him as "James".

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^Yes indeed that book will be a snooze and not something I have the slightest interest in reading.

As for Age Of Ultron well the house of ideas is running a bit behind schedule but dont worry kids we cut down on the crossovers as they simply make no sense at this point. Moon Knight vs Ultron??? Bwahahahahahaha!!

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bendis' Moon Knight book was all about moon knight playing "keep away" from Count Nefaria with a severed Ultron Head. if you want funny, Count Nefaria has the same powerset, operating on the same level as Superman.

Now that was some serious funny.

10. Nerys Myk

I also dislike characters or writers calling Bucky "James" and of course Jim Rhodes should only be called "Rhodey". ;)

11. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't understand the fuss about the Spider-man reveal - it's a bog-standard twist. I'm sure some fun stories will come out of it but it's nothing novel.

12. Admiral_Young

It's a big deal because I'm sure there are Spider-Man fans out there who don't want this to be another Brand New Day/One More Day situation (especially since it has appeared that Slott has been slowly undoing that over the course of his run). Slott has built up a lot of trust and restored Amazing IMO since then (and I'm one who felt the latter Brand New Stories were pretty good).

This is just the start of the arc as well...we don't know how it will play out. That's what everyone has to keep in mind.

13. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^Peter Parkers Spider Totem Spirit must travel thru time inhabiting Totem bodies from the dawn of man until that crucial moment when he will jump back into his own body. Patiently he will hide in a corner of his own mind until Otto takes it over and then the battle for Peter Parkers mind will begin!! Hahahahahahahahaaaa

14. Admiral_Young

Finished the issue...and wow. There were a ton of things going on in this issue. I have no reason to be upset at Slott. The man's ability to write these characters is superb. I can't wait to see where this leads to. I was very hesitant...and yes even worried, but right now I still trust in Slott :)

15. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

And when you reread the issue, you get an entirely different feel because you filter everything in the issue through the reveal at the end. On a technical level, it's a fascinating piece of writing.

16. Admiral_Young

Totally agreed. Finished reading "Avengers" #34...Bendis grand finale. I quite liked this, get the return of Janet, Simon looks like he is back in the fold as well. The art was great so I'm looking forward to Peterson on the first five issues of the Age of Ultron. Bendis run was always hit and miss with me. I can finally say now though...HICKMAN ASSEMBLE!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess I'm the only one doing the :rolleyes: at ASM#698

The only thing I can think of is this would help explain some of the mystery surrounding Superior Spiderman. It is Peter, but it's not, it's also someone you've met before.

All that could apply to Otto/Peter that we see at conclusions end.
    The journey back to status quo better be good. I just think that among odd things this device they just did is right up there at the top of the odd pile. The Mephisto thing was it's own pile of crap. So while I'm not instantly awed like some seem to be at least I think there is a possibility to navigate this into something interesting. I'll wait and see what happens.

18. Admiral_Young

^ You're not the only one with that reaction. Lot of the reaction so far seems to be underwhelming for the most part actually rather than outright hatred. I was perfectly ready to not like this as Slott basically was preparing us for this reaction...but as I said before the reveal was nicely set up. Slott clearly has a plan, and his writing is way better than Joe Q's was for One More Day or One Moment in Time, that is a big difference for me personally. Both those were pure crap writing wise. Oh and don't think Mephisto has been forgotten, because he's not been :) We're first issue into a three issue arc so I'm going to wait and see how Slott resolves...evolves this. We've just been given part of the puzzle, not the entire thing yet.

The preview pages for #700 fascinate me.

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought ASM 698 was cool.

I think it's pretty obvious it's a fake out, though. Peter's mind was swapped into the octobots so he didn't actually "die". Otto was able to put his mind into the bots, so at the time of Otto's body's death Peter put his mind into the bots. It will just take him awhile to be able to control them and go after Otto-in-Peter.

But I think it was a cool plot twist and it's nice to see Otto get a big win, and after this he can just live in mechanical bodies so the villain will continue on.

20. Admiral_Young

Finished "Indestructible Hulk #1" and absolutely loved it. Mark Waid is perfect for this book and Lenil Yu's art (which I don't normally like) compliments the writing. I enjoyed Jason Aaron's run but this is much better and I'm interested in seeing where this goes. It had an "Avengers" film feel to it. The banter between 616 Coulson and Maria was awesome LOL.