Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The biome layout in this game is nuts. Heres a view from the back of my house,

[​IMG]

And the front.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, progress on the airship continues slowly. I've got a lot of sheep to sheer.

[​IMG]

2. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

^^

That's a nice, flammable airship you got there heh heh heh (twitching nervously while holding flint and steel)

3. Cutter John

Man you're lucky I don't have any wolves...

4. Cutter John

I went back to a previous world thats mostly forest and tiaga and got me a wolfie!! Would have had two if I'd had more bones on me.

Thankfully this world is mostly flat.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. Itisnotlogical

What block is the bottom of your airship made out of? I can't tell because of the texture pack, but it almost looks like... chests...?

6. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They may be useless as pets (mine has been sitting inside for a week so that she doesn't annoy me while working on my big project), but a pack of wild wolves senselessly slaughtering sheep is a funny sight to witness while working on monotonous chores.

7. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I swear I become ADD when I play Minecraft, these days. My thought process in MP this afternoon was "MAKE A WATERFALL! NO EXPLORE! STOP AND BUILD A HUT! NO A FENCE AND A BRIDGE! COME BACK AND WORK ON CASTLE! GO MINE! MINE MINE MINE!"

The only thing I actually finished was the waterfall. Everything else is half-done. :lol:

8. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Waterfall?? Guess I'll have something cool to look at when I log in later...

9. Canadave

^ It's pretty much directly behind the entrance to the tunnel back to the spawn. I also built a little cabin up on top of the cliff, which you can get to via the doorway near the waterfall.

10. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

i found a folder called textures and i was wondering where do i get these textures from and are they easy to install?

11. Cutter John

Way back on Page 32 I posted a link to my personal texture pack, and to an easy to use program (MCPatcher) to mod mincraft to accept the textures and install them.

My favorite place to find textures is over on the Minecraft Forum. Plenty of packs with all sorts of styles.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewforum.php?f=1021&sid=be297375f806717f1d5d02c5b5a6560d

Just download the .zip file, then use the program I mentioned to install it. Its pretty easy.

12. TheGodBen

You're a complete novice. Don't you know that you can only collect snowballs using a shovel and he was clearly using a flower in that video. That's the stupidest comment I've seen in this whole thread.

Hang on a sec, your avatar looks familiar... Oh dear. :alienblush:

Crap! :eek:

Neat! :D

13. Robert Maxwell

For my server, I now generate two maps every four hours, one that's just a top-down map (with c10t) and an isometric map (MCmap):

Top-down
    Isometric

If you look down a bit from the center of the map, you should see a glass tower, and then some buildings. The big wooden house is on a large overhang, though you can't really tell from the map. Canadave's house is down below my wooden house, and to the left of the glass tower.

There is also a "bridge to nowhere" near the lower-left corner that I have no idea who built or why. :lol:

14. Itisnotlogical

:eek: That's a pretty expansive map! How do you find your way around!?

15. Robert Maxwell

A good chunk of it has been explored but not built. However, we do have tunnels and roads we've built that help guide you from place to place. There are also some structures built into the landscape (or entirely underground) that are connected via tunnels, so it may not be obvious how to get from one place to another just from the map! Maybe I'll have to start generating a cave map, too.

16. TheGodBen

Nice. A lot of desert in that world, I've never seen that much before. Now what you need to do is cut down all the trees and build a comprehensive road network, that's the true sign of civilisation. :techman: (Yeah, my environmental protection policy is long dead.)

Here is what I've been working on in my world for the last few weeks:

[​IMG]

I started with a bridge over to my monster trap, and it was while working on that that I noticed how imposing that structure was and I decided to build a facility around it to make the approach more impressive. Then I built a glass-ceilinged tunnel under the water, which you can just about see running parallel to the bridge. Currently, I'm working on my biggest project yet: I've walled off the end of my peninsula and I've started placing wooden houses there, sort of like a town that has formed around the castle. Included in that will be a little marina and a church dedicated to Notch. When completed, that whole area behind the wall should be a safe-zone where no monsters can spawn.

17. Robert Maxwell

Very nice, Ben! I look forward to seeing the finished version of your peninsular fortress-city.

We're working on putting roads in. There's not really been a coordinated effort up to now but Canadave and I have done a little work on that front. There's a valley right below the spawn area where I've already built the beginnings of a hotel, although you can't see any of it on the isometric map since the mountains around it are so high. I might have to annotate the top-down map so it's clear where things are.

I do want to take a crack at building a skyscraper, though. I like the glass tower and I want more things like it!

18. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

19. Robert Maxwell

I can't imagine doing something like that legitimately. :eek: Would probably take many months.

20. Canadave

Guilty as charged. :o :lol:

I was off exploring, and found a nice little island I wanted to build a cabin on. Then I started building a bridge. And then I started fencing the island off for some reason, and finally realized I had no clue what I wanted to do with it. :lol: I'm slowly working on a road\tunnel out there (you can see a couple of the marker towers in the isometric view), but I've decided to focus mostly on my main castle for now. Once that's done, I'll turn my attention back to it and make some sort of cottage or something there.

Also, looking at the isometric map, I think I really need to head over to that lavafall on the centre-left. It looks pretty epic!