Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spot's Meow, May 22, 2009.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I heard something on the radio this morning that I found to be completely ridiculous and unbelievable. I wish I had an audio clip for you guys to hear but I will just have to explain it to you.

A local station called 107.9 The End (operates from Sacramento, CA) has a morning show where they sometimes do a little program called the Lie Detector. Basically someone calls them wanting to know the truth about something from a friend, significant other, etc., so the radio show calls that friend, pretends to be someone else, and tries to get at the truth. It can get pretty uncomfortable sometimes (though not as bad as their War of the Roses, where they try to catch significant others cheating).

So this morning (actually I think it first aired Thursday morning), a woman called in and said that she is set to be a bridesmaid in her friend's wedding and that she is 3 months pregnant. Her friend lives across the country and didn't know about the pregnancy. This caller heard from one of the other bridesmaids that the future bride had once been to a wedding with her and said all these comments about how ugly pregnant bridesmaids are and how they ruin weddings, and she would never want one in her own wedding.

The caller basically wanted to know if the future bride really felt this way. She had been wanting to surprise her with the pregnancy but now she wasn't so sure.

So the morning show hosts call the future bride and say that they are from the dress shop and that one of the other bridesmaids is pregnant so her dress needs to be altered. She FLIPPED OUT. She was so pissed. You could tell she was trying to be nice to the shop person, but she was so upset.

Then, they come back on the phone and tell her the truth, that actually it was her other bridesmaid who was pregnant and that she did this to see how she felt. The bridesmaid is on the phone now too. The bride says, "Are you really pregnant?" And the bridesmaid says yes.

Now, what you expect is for the bride to apologize for being rude, to say congratulations, something like that. No. Instead she says, "How can you do this to me?! This is MY wedding, MY day, why would you ruin it like this?!"

The hosts and bridesmaid are just stunned. They ask her what is so wrong about a pregnant bridesmaid. The bride goes on and on about how the bridesmaid will look fat in pictures and it will completely ruin her memories because the day is supposed to be all about her, "not some fat lady standing off to the side whose ugly belly we have to hide."

The friend is in tears, saying aren't you happy for me, this is my first child, etc. But the bride just keeps yelling at her and telling her that she's a bitch for getting pregnant during her wedding. I am not exaggerating. In fact the call sounds even worse than I can describe here.

The bride then goes on for a while about how her friend got pregnant right now ON PURPOSE, just to ruin her wedding. The bride says "you're a huge attention hog and I bet you'll be so happy when everyone is looking at you instead of me. You just had to make this all about you."

The radio hosts end it there and the bride hangs up. The friend is crying and upset and says she can't believe it.

Neither can I! What a total and complete bitch! I can kind of understand how she might see it as an inconvenience at times or it's not exactly how she pictured it in her mind. But it is a GOOD thing. The happiness of her friend having her first child should FAR outweigh her strange desire to have a pregnant free wedding.

How can she even think that way?! I don't get it, it is just so messed up. And then to tell the friend that she got pregnant on purpose just to ruin her wedding. Fucking ridiculous.

What do you all think?

2. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

I would think that's fairly normal in a world where a) people think they have a right for something to be 'all about me' (whereas a wedding used to be about the union of two people and their families) and b) appearance is everything.

Once upon a time, long long ago, people picked bridesmaids because they wanted their best friends to share in the day. Now they pick them because they'll look balanced in the photos.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

At least everyone now knows that the woman is a bitch. Maybe her husband to be will call off the wedding. If he's smart he certainly will.

4. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Bridezilla stories are funny. The true inner bitch comes out. Then again, little girls are molded (by Western society) that THEIR wedding day is THEIR day and all about HER.

Any sane two people will choose to get married by the JoP.

5. Spot's Meow

What shocked me most was how quick she was to turn on so called "friends." When she thought it was the other bridesmaid that was pregnant she immediately started bad-mouthing her. When they told her truth, she then spoke nicely of the other friend and started bad-mouthing the actual pregnant bridesmaid. If you care at ALL about these friends then how could you turn on them so fast? It was like there was a switch in her mind that flipped when she learned they were pregnant, it was bizarre.

6. farmkid

farmkid Commodore Commodore

The bride reminds me of the behavior I see in children (my own and others) that just drives me nuts. Accusing her of getting pregnant "ON PURPOSE"? Come on, that's just like when kid A bumps kid B, and kid B starts crying as though their leg was cut off and complaining that kid A did hit kid B "as hard as he could, ON PURPOSE!!! WAAAHHHHH!!" Kids usually get over such behavior by the age of 7-10. I feel sorry for this bride because she is so immature and narcissistic that she is on a path for a life if misery. I suspect her parents were a little too indulgent.

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

A LITTLE too indulgent?

That kind of narcissism borders on the psychopathic. Good God.

A wedding is a just a party to celebrate your union. To attack a friend for getting pregnant? Really? :wtf: Not only should she lose all her friends, but also all her wedding guests, and--if he had any brains at all---the groom, as well.

8. Spot's Meow

Usually the hosts try not to be too mean or take sides too quickly, but in this case one of them said, "I'm sorry to say this but you sound like a complete bitch. If this is how you treat your friends then you don't deserve to have any."

9. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

that's a disgusting way to behave nad i find it hard to believe she'd be showing that much at three months anyway. (one wonders how far off the wedding is to know how big she'd be...) but it's really harsh. i'd be more concerned about whether the bridesmaid was going to be able to get there if she couldn't fly...

10. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The bride is a selfish bitch and deserves to get dumped at the altar. She'll end up with no friends. I've heard of Bridezillas, but this bitch takes the cake.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Normally I would say that show ideas like this really sound like sick shit, but in this case it served the greater good by pointing out what a complete and utter waste of human protoplasm this bride is.

12. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I made sure to counter this when planning my wedding by pointing out that it was my day, everything should be about me and I was the star attraction. It soon settled the Bridezilla aspect of things and let us focus on the important stuff... the getting married part.

...and that pretty much sums up my thoughts on that. Sure, it's a big day and you might be allowed to get a little obsessed - but thats a level of selfshness that, if that were my bride to me, I'd walk away from.

13. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I have seen a couple of bride melt downs in my own family. I think it's because they dream for years what every minutest detail of their wedding day will be like, without factoring the real world into it at all. I think it's some kind of weird queen complex or something... and then, of course, the dream never manifests, and it becomes the fault of everyone else, and not down to the bride's unrealistic expectations at all. Totally crazy. Women seem to loose all their marbles that one day. It is tragic, when within their own mind, they turn what should be their happiest day into their saddest.

I guess some women feel a massive pressure - getting married, to some, means becoming of value in society, and it has to be done just so. As if life isn't difficult enough already.

14. Spot's Meow

They said that during the wedding she would be about 6 months pregnant.

And I definitely agree about the dreaming about every detail of the wedding thing. The bride even said that, that she had been dreaming of the details since she was a little girl and this would just ruin her plans.

One of the hosts said, "If you expect your wedding to go as perfectly as your dreams then you better not invite any guests. People have free will and they will do things that you did not plan." Of course when anyone tried to inject any such logic the bride was just quiet and then started complaining about her friend again.

15. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

You think the bride would be ''happy'' if her friend went with the ''ABORTION'' route?:p I mean it's not like the fetus is alive or anything!

16. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

Wow, talk about a major Bridezilla!!!!! Her fiance needs to turn back now while he still can! How ungrateful can you be..especially to a friend?!?! And to tell her friend that she did this on purpose just to ruin her wedding is just downright spiteful. I mean, how would SHE feel if SHE were put in that position?? I've heard of vindictive bitches but this one definitely takes the cake and icing on top!

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do think the word "bridezilla" is really funny, though. :guffaw:

18. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

the best thing any one can do for the hopeful not groom is to play a copy of that to him.
    but it isnt just the brides.
    i have known brides who got raked over the coals for picking brides maids who were deemed not pretty enough.
    the bride just said well they are my friends and well then it is a good thing you are
    not in the wedding party.

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I have said here before that I think weddings are (or they've become, rather) the epitome of what's wrong with America.

I think this story speaks for itself.

Americans have become narcissistic, greedy, Attention whores who lack any grasp of the "bigger picture."

Weddings put this into focus. They've become these ridiculous grandstanding circuses that have to be bigger, better, louder, and more expensive than the last guy's. They have become their own little dioramas of at least five of the deadly sins.

And yet, the sad thing is "getting married" has become just about "having a wedding"; the marriage itself is now second fiddle. Then of course, after two kids and five years the whole thing completely falls apart and those so-called "memories" become nothing but good fire starter.

20. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

What do I think? I think the groom is an idiot if he is going to marry a bitch like this.