Sons of Anarchy Season 6

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by 137th Gebirg, Sep 11, 2013.

1. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So... where is this all going? I need to spend some time with Wikipedia reading all the synopsis(es). I feel like I need to watch this show twice or at least once with the sound turned all the way up to make out the lines (mumbling).

Jax forgives everyone multiple times... Tara is obviously going to leave him soon (eventually) and I think Gemma is going to kill Tara. Tara and Jax are not going to have a happily ever after ending. Not even close. I'm surprised she's survived this long, although the Sons numbers are getting thinner and thinner all the time.

It may be a mistake but I think Gemma will kill Tara, Jimmy Smitts will end up in prison right alongside Clay and Tiggs will fuck up again and cause more royal pain for Jax... which he will no doubt forgive and forget as usual.

2. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure everyone is going to die in the end, sans someone like Chibs or Wayne.

3. ALF

Sons really plays the old bait 'n switch on deaths. Take a look at the last one for example.

4. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well this week's... HOLY CRAP! That Ending... geez... when they say it's an explosive episode they weren't just using the usual hyperbole!

I'm feeling more sure that Tara is going to go bye bye - I thought at first maybe she'd weasel Jax and the boys out - but the more I think about it, she's going to either be pushed out and be a circling predator and be killed violently. OR like people have said, Gemma will take her out, blame it on someone and Jax will never know the truth. Wendy is kind of growing on me, I think she always looks like she smelled some stinky cheese... but I kinda have to respect her character, she was a junky who became a counselor, pretty cool actually. Hit rock bottom, got cleaned up. Of course, what's really at the core of things - SAMCRO is toxic as hell. Even if Tara is out and Wendy is in as his old lady again, I'm sure she'll try just as hard to get Jax and the boys out of Charming.

And really, the only way that could happen is if like Charming just entirely became unlivable after some massive thing - like what happened in Weeds when Agrestic burnt down LOL

But yeah I'm starting to think there's something BIG on the horizon. After what happened last night and the way the Irish are like 'we aren't going to let you leave gun running so easily' - I mean geez Galen needs to die "like a lot." soon. He's a prick, worse than Jimmy O was. And even the Kings are sort of like 'eh, you should know what you're talking about, you were there and you talked him, you know him best." It's like they were doing nothing but saying "oh jax just doesn't like this or that... he doesn't know what he wants, he just wants another source, or he's playing hard ball." and I'm practically screaming at the TV "NO! He wants out because you're a violent bunch of pricks!"

5. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Was it wrong that my first thought during the end scene was "but...that amazing table! All that intricate wood work...save the table!!" :lol:

But, other than that...this series is going to end badly for everyone. If anyone does manage to survive, they are going to be badly damaged.

I feel bad for Wendy. She is one of the few characters left that I actually like (for all the reasons Nick Ryder indicated). I feel like it is her character that will die due to Tara losing control of the plan she is trying to weave. Tara will live for awhile (at least until it becomes clear that she is not really pregnant, it is just her device to protect herself from being murdered before she gets the kids safe and goes to jail).

And how wrong is it that I dislike Gemma so much that during the prison assault I actually felt bad for Clay. <shudder> Sutter, if you want to pass Gemma off as some kind of antihero/hero, you have to write her with some kind of redeeming feature! My contempt for her being so strong that a scene like the one in the prison still doesn't make me empathize with her is...not good!

6. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really hope Tara doesn't die this season. She is one of the few characters on the show whose eyes are open to the brutal reality of the life SAMCRO leads and its toxic consequences on other people's lives. I am engrossed by the lengths she is willing to go to protect her children from that life and I understand why she is deceiving Jax. Jax is so blinded by his delusional, arrogant mentality as leader of the club to see what's going on for what it is instead of what he thinks can bend to his will. If Tara dies this season (God forbid), I hope it causes Jax to snap out of it and deeply reconsider the choices he has made. It would set up a powerful redemptive arc for the character in the final season.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The problem that has hit Jax the hardest now is his unilateral decision-making, without involving the rest of the club. Bobby saw him doing it, so he left. Tig and especially Chibs are seeing it and the latter is voicing his grave disapproval. Others have flat-out died due to Jax's miscalculations, particularly and most recently with the Irish. Things are spinning too far out of his control - every episode he makes promises to people that he is unable or unwilling to keep. Pretty soon his political capital will run out with everyone and he will stand alone, surrounded by enemies. I am convinced now - he is not a good leader.

8. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't Jack watch Into Darkness?!? Jack make sure to gather everyone around the table, promptly. At 8pm. Don't be late! Really? Didn't see the IRA trying to bomb him?!?! And of course the delivery guy left a shamrock pen... c'mon man. That's just unprofessional.

I know this show is about Jacks and all, but I really wish they'd get rid of him. Kill him off. Let him focus on those 50 Shades of Grey movie. I just have no interest in the character. He makes Clay look infinitely redeemable by comparison.

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Jax. Jax Teller. JAX.

10. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Admit it, just like The Shield there isn't any other way this show should end than with everyone up shit creek without a paddle.

11. Nick Ryder

Watched the episode again and from the previews for this coming week's episode - the TABLE SURVIVES! Sorta... looks alright-ish probably blown off its legs but that's fixable :D

But a part of me wonders if maybe this will prove to Jax and the rest of the club that guns are toxic to the club and that he was right all along - since like the friggin' Pilot episode where he was saying even then that they should get out of guns. They really had more than one chance to just tell the Kings that they were out. And really this is all on Galen that weasly prick. Jax wanted out, he gave them other options

But yeah Jax needs to start TALKING to his club before he ends up with a massive black patch over his reaper tattoo on his back...

I have this feeling that Charming is going to explode into all out war... between the Irish and Samcro and the cops... yikes man

12. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Yeah but didn't Jax do some bullshit to double down on guns in regards to the RICO shit? I don't think he has any high ground on the gun issue these days.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...rops-fifty-shades-grey-film-article-1.1483639

Charlie Hunnam reads TrekBBS and is out to spite me -- confirmed! :guffaw:

13. Nick Ryder

hahaha that's funny Yoda -

He doubled down on guns to get Gallindo taken care of quicker and it was Gallindo that really sorta pushed for it. Hell it was that dick Romeo that really screwed things up between Samcro and the Irish. I mean, Jax was basically being played both sides, Romeo and his boys come in and storm a meet with Samcro and Galen and Galen was pissy because his boy Clay wasn't there and then here comes all these Mexicans with guns, kill a few of Galen's men and basically steal the guns. "These are on Samcro." like WTF. The CIA boys were just as dirty. And really I THINK had Galen just gotten his head out of his arse and had a real sit down with Jax, I'm pretty sure Jax would have rolled on him and said "Look man these guys aren't just Cartel, they're bigger than that and you do NOT want to piss them off. You do realize we almost had a big ass RICO case go down and it wouldn't have just gotten Samcro killed, it would have taken down you guys at the IRA. So quit being so greedy." "Bloody hell why didn' ye say so. A'right... we're done here. I didn' know the Feds were building a RICO case, fock... that would have really set all our operations back. Thanks for tellin' me laddie. I'll tell the Kings we start sellin' out of New York instead of Cali, at least until the heat's off. Be good brother, take care of your club and don't fock it up." "Right. Thanks Galen."

But... this is Kurt Sutter he doesn't make ANYTHING easy.

14. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

Oh thank fuck! some glimmers of hope for SAMCRO after a brutal few episodes. Makes me worry that Sutter is about to hit us with something truly shocking though...he can't stand to see his characters happy for too long.

15. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    With how the show started out, I think it might be fitting for Wendy to be the last one standing and leaving Charming with the kids.

16. Nick Ryder

Last night's was pretty good actually - nice to see Bobby back in the fold. And here we were all worried the charter would fold! The crooked cops were a nice plot point, kinda showed how the MC could still be their usual bad brutal selves, but still dispensed some justice and actually had a glimmer of what the MC was before they basically had to play soldiers to defend themselves.

Plus it was nice to see some old faces again.

Although I am very curious to see what Sutter is going to pull out of his ass to screw with the boys. The episode ended with the MC actually in an alright position for once. Even if Tara is getting close being screwed blued and tattooed by that black chick.

"Time to get ghetto" LOL so she pulls of her wig and lets the dread fly. Uhm here I thought we were going to see her be a he/she like that other tranny LOL

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The Kings' reaction to the fact that Gaalen's lieutenant was still alive was quite telling. They all immediately looked at him and gave him the look like, "you told us the MC would kill him". Gaalen looked visibly uncomfortable - his stock definitely sank a couple points in their book - that thread is definitely not done with.

Next week's preview shows a catfight between Tara and Gemma. Methinks Tara's little shoot n' scoot plan is going to be out of the bag soon. I'm thinking Unser will fall prey once again to his unrequited feelings towards Gemma and let loose Tara's plans by accident, and then the shit will hit the fan.

18. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I am so glad to see the humour return to this show. It was part of what made it essential viewing for me in season one. I loved Chibs standing on his bike yelling "that boy ain't right!" during the chase scene. That being said...I'm worried that Juice is close to some sort of breaking point which will result in a violent death sooner rather than later.

I was hoping Juice would join Bobby's Nomad crew. But clearly that is now a non starter.

I watch the show on Super Channel (no commercials!). They don't show previews for upcoming episodes, but from what you've described it does sound like Unser will be Tara's undoing.

<so happy the table survived! The gouges and burn marks will just add to its character!>

19. Nick Ryder

Watching this episode again - I have to admit, it has a very Season 1/2 feel. Best one of the season so far really. The whole story with the chop shop cops was funny actually and who knows maybe it'll play in later - Sutter seems to like doing that. Maybe they'll run up against another MC or something and they need some "sacrificial" bikes

20. ALF

Some pivotal shit went down with SAMCRO this Tuesday. Did anyone see it? It's been a nice climb of tension this season. Hopefully the final ones will fulfill the anticipation.