Voyager's Fallout From JJ ABRAM's movie

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Enow, Aug 14, 2013.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the ads here have been known to do that. It's really a double bladed sword, being the ads support the website(a worthy goal), though are through 3rd parties and can contain malware(which is trouble). Can't really make any proper suggestions beyond paying to become a premium member will get rid of the ads and the problem.

:lol:

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like the fallout to be NuVoyager becomes more interesting than the prime version was. Voyager was the only series whose episodes would regularly put me to sleep.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vulcan angst has been cranked up to critical levels with the destruction of their planet so Tuvok and Vorik would be much bigger characters. Being so tragic and all.

4. R. Star

Oh so Vorik and Torres might hit it off in the alt universe? ;)

5. teacake

No because Torres doesn't go for angst. See: Paris :lol:

But Vorik would definitely have more of a chance with someone or other.. unless the edict from on high Vulcan was no mating ever with non-Vulcans, keep our dwindling race pure. Which seems likely to me.

6. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Since I don't accept the Abramsverse as being any more valid than 5th-rate fanfiction, it has absolutely no effect whatsoever on how I see Voyager, think about the characters, or perceive the truly excellent Voyager fanfics I follow (our own Alpha Flyer has been writing a wonderful series about Captain Tom Paris (obviously post-Endgame).

And Nero was the 5th Roman Emperor. Having that name for a Romulan character is ridiculous in any universe, unless you want to postulate that the Romulans made contact with 1st-century Rome and liked the name so much that they borrowed it.

7. Enow

Enow Lieutenant Red Shirt

I guess I should scrap my speculations for that alternate Voyager's universe and just go in the direction of something else for my fanfiction, God be willing. Oh well.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Tell the story you want to write. Don't try to base what it should be on other people's opinions before you've even started.

9. Enow

Enow Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks. Just trying to find my creative stride for my own entertainment in writing it, but I wanted it to be close to the fall out as it possibly could, but I guess it doesn't matter.

10. R. Star

Yeah the obscurity of that stemmed from the TOS days when their two home planets were Romulus and Remus. So if you want to pick the Nuverse for that, you need to pick at the prime verse too. ;)

At least Commander Ceasar didn't attack the Federation at some point.

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Of course following an attack on one if it's key planets the UFP might adopt a more agrressive stance when it comes to it's neighbours. So instead of a passive reaction to Cardassia's annexation of Bajor it might intervene so Bajor never falls under Cardassian occupation. It's an alternate history you can make it what ever you want.

12. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Aside from the Caretaker grabbing ships from the Badlands still I do not see much of Voyager existing in the NuTrek. So much has already changes in the TOS era that by the time we get to the TNG/DS9/STV time I think all ships and political affiliations will be unrecognizable.

13. teacake

Of course Janeway will be there, Admiral or not, because she's a fixed point in time.

14. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

In the alternate timeline, she's running a puppy mill back home in Indiana.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Where...
    According to Q, she dies in EVERY timeline in 2380. Even in the ones where she never joins Starfleet, she dies somehow. In one she slips in the tub and busts her head open.:p

16. teacake

Okay, fuck it, she's a fixed point in my heart.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

:techman:
    And hey, she came back in TET's timeline. Death aint permanent in Trek. Just ask young Kirk and old Spock.

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Look, Captain Braxton prevented Spock and Nero from travelling through time. Just like he prevented Admiral Janeway from helping Voyager to return home prematurely.

IF you introduce an institution like the time police, you gotta stick to the rules.

19. teacake

The time police are corrupt. Rogue agents and people with twisted views on canon pay them off.

20. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

A small nitpick, but the only member of Starfleet who died defending Vulcan (unsuccessfully) was Olsen.

:devil: