Lost Girl season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Were they even watching Continuum?

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

THAT I do not know, but something else struck me about this year's Canadian fan awards.

Those fans obviously DID watch season 4 before voting. How else can you explain Zoie beating out Anna for the win?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H6vyYXQOb4

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H6vyYXQOb4[/yt]

Heck, this season even I like Lauren a hell of a lot more than Bo, and that's not something I could have imagined myself saying after season 3.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering if perhaps the whole season 5 arc will be them trying to find and bring back Kenzi. Either that, or they are just don't want to admit she's coming back yet in order to keep people wondering.

4. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'm still in the process of catching up. I just watched "End of a Line" & "Origin." I think Kenzi is being a bit harsh on Bo but I also think Bo was being a bit optimistic about her ability to save Hale. While Bo is capable of breathing chi into people, she's not able to heal them. Even if she drained Kenzi dry, it still wouldn't have fixed the big ol' sword wound in Hale's torso. IIRC, wasn't that the reason why she couldn't save Ciara in "Lachlan's Gambit"?

Nope. They pronounced it more like "RAYnrd." Check the clip below. Around 0:18 & 1:36 you get to hear Woods say it a couple times and Dyson say it once, and they both pronounce it the same way.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv4JFSsJtV8[/yt]

Agreed. Bo is actually really pissing me off right now. When the show first started, she was my 2nd favorite character after Kenzi. But as the show goes on, it just seems like Bo keeps getting stupider.

More than ever, I feel like my favorite episode of the season was "In Memorium," largely because it shows how well the show works without Bo. And frankly, everyone seemed a lot happier & a lot less emo when she wasn't around. Hell, even Aifa seemed sane & well-adjusted when she couldn't actually remember Bo.

Meanwhile Lauren has become the ultimate badass! While I still don't understand the point of why she would turn the Morrigan human, I love the way she played it. I was expecting that she would have just slipped the serum into into her wine. But instead, "Ouch, forgotten already? It was only twenty minutes ago you were down there.":guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::techman::techman::techman: Now that's the kind of trashy fun that the show has been missing!:devil: (And has anyone else noticed that Lauren has been getting way more action this season than Bo?)

I'm guessing that everyone could sit wherever. Kenzi just deliberately chose to sit away from Bo because she's mad at her.

I don't think it's entirely new. I recall some earlier references to it circa Season 2 or so, although I can't remember any specific episodes.

5. The Borgified Corpse

OK, I've finished Season 4 now. What the f--- was that piece of crap!?!?:scream:

I agree that that was the most pathetic, poorly crafted zombie battle scene I've ever seen. (And that includes some of the amateur zombie movies that I've been in.) Kenzi's sacrifice just came out of nowhere (and felt like a total rip-off of Buffy's "The Gift").

And why was Kenzi in Evony's room? Last we saw her, she was demanding that Bo unclaim her and then stormed out of the house. Now, she's researching plot-stuff?:wtf: Why is she helping again? How did she know what & where to research? And how did she even get into Evony's room? Shadow-thief training I guess but that was really unclear.

BTW, when Dyson told Kenzi that he would start training her as a shadow-thief back in "La Fae Epoque," I expected that to be a major plot-line. Instead, the only other times they mentioned it were to give Lauren some panty-stealing jokes in "Waves" & "Dark Horse."
    [​IMG]
    "What a haul! What a haul!"

(Oh, and Kenzi taught Lauren how to escape from handcuffs before her shadow-thief training, since Lauren knew how to do it back in "Turn to Stone.")

The end of this season was filled with tons of random revelations. I'm OK with Massimo being Evony's son. But the idea that Vex raised the guy or that Evony would trust Vex with ANYTHING seems a bit far fetched. And then there was that random bit a couple episodes ago about how Vex's father was one of Trick's best generals. So would that mean that Vex's father was Light? I figured Vex came from a long line of noble Dark Fae and that family members switching sides like that was a fairly rare occurance.

What's with Hale being the last heir of the Zamora clan? What happened to his family? What happened to Val? For that matter, when did Vex become the last mesmer? That revelation earlier this season seemed equally random.

Is it just me or is that some of the worst, most forced award show banter ever? (Or maybe it's always this bad and I'm just usually not paying attention because it's not Lost Girl related.)

I think that the necklace that she brought out when she thought about Kenzi was made from Kenzi's engagement ring that Hale gave to her in "End of a Line."

As for the necklace that she put on when going after Lauren, I feel like maybe I remember a scene with Lauren giving Bo a necklace like that. Like either in "Let the Dark Times Roll" or sometime back in Season 3 maybe...?

I don't know. I didn't see it. It didn't seem to be included in the iTunes version. For that matter, I'm not seeing any references to it online outside of this thread.:confused:

EDIT: BTW, I just wanted to point out my new av & location. :D

6. The Borgified Corpse

BTW, I was looking up Lost Girl fan videos on Youtube and a pop-up came up for a Russian dating service. They know that I miss Kenzi already! ;)

7. Christopher

Wrong show, wrong name. Again, the character from Lost Girl is Rainer. I was responding to someone who brought up a character from a different show whose name was Reynard, emphasized on the first syllable.

I'm not sure, but I had the impression that title card was at the beginning of Syfy's "Come back for next season" promo which began immediately after the end of the episode. I could be wrong, though.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Nope, you're right.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought there had been references to him being the last mesmer earlier in the series, but I'm not sure.

10. The Borgified Corpse

I just rewatched "Let the Dark Times Roll." I have a somewhat different interpretation than yours. While Bo was rambling on endlessly to Vex about how she & Lauren were back together, it seemed like she was kinda jumping the gun a little. At that point, she & Lauren still hadn't quite had that talk that they kept talking about having the entire episode. So while they never quite broke up at the end, they never quite got back together at the beginning.

BTW, I think I know who Bo's father is:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X1VjGsZeyw[/yt]

And I just caught this fun but flippant video that SYFY made at the beginning of the season recapping Seasons 1-3.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AmPeV0tbQY[/yt]

I love the bit around 1:21-- "She's the Lebron James of Fae. Except she's fiercely loyal.":guffaw:

11. Christopher

^I distinctly remember Bo and Lauren having reunion sex. "Scissor already!"

12. JanewayRulz!

Are you talking about the kissing session the Morrigan interrupted at the dance off / dark fae party, or the 3 minutes she gave them to say "hello" before sending them off to find Vex? ;)

13. Christopher

Okay, maybe they didn't go as far as I remembered, but it definitely seemed like all was forgiven.

Anyway, the point is that the season was so incoherently written that it was hard to tell what was going on. I still don't have a clue what the whole Rainer business was about, or what was up with Trick all season. The whole Bo-Lauren relationship status was no more confusing than most of what happened (or didn't happen, rather, since it seemed like most of the scenes and conversations that would've made sense of it all were skipped over entirely).

14. JanewayRulz!

Exactly. It did seem like all was forgiven, and Lauren even teamed up with Dyson to find Bo after the crows captured her.

Then she shows up on a train with a dude and suddenly Lauren and Dyson are leftovers? :confused:

Granted, I missed one or two of the eps in the middle, but still! Why Rainer/Rayner/Raynor (how EVER you spell the damned name) became so important is a mystery I've never understood.

I agree with you that that whole scenes/eps felt like they were missing this year and that was extremely frustrating. :klingon:

Maybe Bo will wake up in the premiere next fall/winter and find Kenzi in the shower? ;)

15. Christopher

^It's Rainer. That's the one thing I'm sure of about him.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'm on board with the idea of finding Kenzie in the shower-- whether it explains this season or not. :rommie:

17. The Borgified Corpse

It seemed to me like they were just trying to briefly forget their issues so that they could have a quickie.

And it's not like there was really anything to forgive, per se. Their original break up in "Delinquents" was extremely amicable. But the fact that they still couldn't quite get all the way back together in "Let the Dark Times Roll," to me, underscores one of the underlying flaws in their relationship. As much as they like each other and as much as they're attracted to each other, they're not on the same wavelength emotionally. They're often really bad at communicating with each other. Consider "Fae-ge Against the Machine," where Bo pointlessly lies to Lauren about why she can't make it to Lauren's award banquet. Why didn't she just say, "I got suckered into a deal with an obnoxious Fae who literally will not leave me alone until I help him find a missing girl."?

Frankly, Bo & Lauren's relationship status was one of the few things about Season 4 that actually did mostly make a kind of sense to me. At the very least, it's way down the list. I'm going to try to rank Season 4 plot elements in order of most confusing. (And hope that my brain doesn't deteriorate into a puddle of Cthulu-esque mush by the end.):

1. Rainer. Just everything about Rainer. WTF?:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:
    2. Lauren turns the Morrigan human. Hilarious but... why?
    3. Almost all of the season finale.
    4. At the end of "Origin," Kenzi demands that Bo unclaim her, then storms out of the house. In the next episode, Dyson discovers her in the Morrigan's room researching plot stuff.
    5. Bo hardly seems to be having sex with anyone. (For this show, that's a major plot hole!)
    6. Trick is acting shifty & secretive & distant all the time.
    7. Trick is appointed as the new acting-Ash but we never see him serving in that function. (Seems like that might have been a half-decent explanation for why he's been so distant & unhelpful for most of the season but it never really comes up.)
    8. At the end of Season 3, the Morrigan declared that all claimed humans were enemies of the Fae. In Season 4, she suddenly seems to have completely lost interest in this crusade.
    9. Bo is declared Dark Fae, yet keeps hanging out with all of her Light Fae friends and sleeping with Dyson without any consequences.
    10. Bo & Dyson are kinda back together without any fanfare at all.
    11. Hale is murdered and no one besides Kenzi seems to care.
    12. Massimo was raised by Vex.
    13. Vex's father was one of the Blood King's greatest generals.
    14. Hale is now the last heir of the Zamora clan, with no explanation as to what happened to the rest of his family.
    15. In "La Fae Epoque," why does it matter if Bo proves that Dyson is innocent if the Una Mens knew that he was being framed all along anyway?
    16. In "La Fae Epoque," when Bo walked around inside Dyson's memories, why did they do it in Kenzi's room instead of Bo's room?

18. Christopher

^Was that ordered from most to least confusing? If so, I'd put #5 closer to the "least confusing" end. Anna Silk had a baby between seasons, and given that she spent the first half-season in various corset-based outfits, I'd say it took her a while to get back into shape, so they kind of had to avoid showing her body for a while.

Still, that doesn't explain the scene with Tamsin in the season finale, where the dialogue seemed to be written to lead into (and follow after) a sex scene and yet Bo just briefly sucked chi from Tamsin without even touching her.

19. The Borgified Corpse

Tried to, as best I could. It's tricky though because I'm sure that there are few things that are even more confusing that I didn't even notice because I was so busy being confused by the other stuff. And then there were a few things about the Origin Seed and the Bad Horse cult and the prophecies about Bo that don't make sense to me right now but I suppose could theoretically make sense later if I rewatched the episodes. (Should I do that? I suppose I should at least give my brain some time to heal first.)

Yeah. Like I said before, even if they couldn't show as much of Anna Silk as they had before, there still should have been more implied sex.

Of course, it didn't help that Rainer, the supposed true love of her life, had all the sex appeal of a cardboard box. He was handsome enough in a dull, catalog model sort of way but in desperate need of a personality transplant.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always hate when shows suddenly bring in a new character who is instantly declared the love of another character's life.