Voyagers ending, redone.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by bbjeg, Jun 6, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is not a single flavor of soda available for sale in my city that I have not tried. The same for potato chips.

Irn-Bru and wasabi chips, made for each other :lol:

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

When a bag of chips is more expensive than a steak, I'm either going to find a cheaper bag of chips or buy that steak.

3. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All sarsparillas are a type of root beer, but not all root beers are sarsparilla. That is the short, short version, anyway.

4. teacake

Oh. Well not being enamored with the stuff I haven't explored the difference and we only have a few sarsparillas here. It's more of an american thing.

I did once have home made sarsparilla made with real roots and that was awesome. And no it wasn't like Marge Simpson's home made Pepsi.

5. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Done and done! When I finally decide my costume I'll let you know so we can connect.

About in-world conventions, this is something I'd never considered. Though the Ferengi would most certainly dominate the sales booths. They would revel in selling a 2 ounce hunk of plastic for $80.

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Any Ferengi hosted convention would rock, though it will be costly.

7. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The thing I like about this thread is that it teaches you about Sarsparillas and doesn't just endlessly rag on Endgame.

8. teacake

You know what's absolutely perfect for Ferengi?

Dilithium crystals. THEY'RE REAL PROPS HARRY!

And sadly I've seen them go for quadruple that at auctions. Not charity auctions either.. it's kind of weird how people will bid for all kinds of crap at cons that a simple search of their communicator will tell them is priced way over the already ridiculous prices.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I was going to say why would someone spend $20 on a shard of glass and/or plastic but I've probably spent more for less. Picard kept model ships in his ready room too you know.

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

About that Otakon thread, I might miss it this year. Things came up, financially, but my brother is going and we have traded a day at Otakon for money/favors. Bah, I'll start a thread anyway.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  11. teacake

Where is this Otakon thing? Is it on this planet?

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

13. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

::rags on Endgame::

Just kidding~! :)

14. ajac09

ajac09 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

the Ending should have taken place in a movie and last episode should have been them making it further and going " we will continue on trying to get back to Earth not stopping and one day we will reach Earth." and her going into warp on the small screen for the last time.

15. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I would like to have seen a Voyager movie of them getting home instead of endgame. I'm not saying it was bad but a movie would of been better IMO.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Endgame was a movie.

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^Made for tv movie is more like it.

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Final Frontier, Insurrection and Nemesis all rejoice at having someone to look down upon.

19. Katie O'Clare

Katie O'Clare Lieutenant Red Shirt

IIRC here in germany Endgame was shown as a two-parter..and there was a week in between..they made us suffer...big time..

20. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I liked Endgame except for the time travel aspect. It turned their situation into one big paradox. Voyager got home early so Admiral Janeway never existed so she couldn’t have gone back in time to help Voyager get home early.

I think pretty much the same plot could have been achieved without the use of time travel. My own idea for a re-write of Endgame..

Voyager enters the nebula same as before and sees all those ships and runs away. Seven approaches the captain and tells her there is a hub in there. The senior staff sits down and decides that this is their best way home, they have to take the chance. They spend weeks coming up with plot device A(perhaps some kind of shield modification which will make them look like a borg ship if scanned) which they think will get them through to the hub. They go back to the hub and make it halfway through when plot device A begins to fail and Voyager starts getting attacked. When plot device A completely fails Seven contacts the Queen and asks her to call off the attack, if they let Voyager through seven offers to stay with the queen. Durring the attack voyager is damaged beyond any hope of repair, a nacelle is torn off, gaping holes in the hull, etc. As they’re about to call self destruct a group of borg ships surrounds them and tractors voyager and heads to the hub. Voyager is hailed and it’s the Klingon borg from Unimatrix zero. They protect voyager exchanging fire with the other borg ships and go through the hub, firing behind them as they go to destroy the hub behind them. In the Alpha Quadrant the hub opening appears and they get borg readings from it. The few ships that are near assemble and out comes voyager and the freed borg