X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

The vegetable guy was his twin brother. They didn't explain this aspect in the film, but it seems that the twins were disproportionately granted traits upon birth.. Charles ended up with mental gifts at the expense of physical abilities and vice versa. This was contradicted with First Class, but now we have time travel. Somehow all the possible scenarios merged in some way

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really.

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I had to look that up. Apparently, it was revealed in the directors commentary for the DVD.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

IIRC if you look closely, you can sorta tell it's really Stewart in that bed. Plus the post credits thing, you hear his voice. Just from a logical standpoint, if it was someone else's body then the voice would be different.

Of course it's still a stupid twist in a mostly stupid film.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I always thought it was a disembodied voice, implying that Xavier was communicating with Moira telepathically.

But yeah, it's a pretty lame twist overall. Basically like what they did when they implanted Data's memories into B-4 in Nemesis.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Singer explained this in a previous interview posted earlier in the thread. Charles having learned to transfer his conscience into another body. Remember the last we see of him prior to the post credt scene is him smiling to Logan.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Or indeed the *other* stinger scene from TLS which strongly implies that Magneto's powers are back...which as we see in The Wolverine, they are. Thus making the whole film essentially pointless.

No amount of explanation will make that whole thing seem less lame. Killing off Xavier like that just to up the stakes (and to try and get some emotional investment from people who were happy Scott got vaporised) was lazy at best. But to not even have the conviction to follow through with that or Magneto's de-powering is sheer cowardice.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never said it wasn't lame...only that there was a link up thread where Singer talks about that specific scene. It also doesn't fully explain why there was apparently a SECOND Xavier body...unless Moira and Charles had cloning experiments going on. Personally I think it was Penn and Kinberg's homage to the Cassandra Nova arc.

9. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

From The Hollywood Reporter's write-up of Simon Kinberg's appearance at WonderCon:

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Technically not a stinger since it's right before the start of the end credits.

For whatever reason I never got the impression that that scene meant his powers would necessarily come all the way back. I just thought he would have a slight vestige of his power from that point onward but no more than that. :shrug:

Supposedly a twin brother.

I think Ratner indicated as much on the commentary.

11. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Does anyone here have a clear screenshot of a Sentinel from the movie?

12. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I don't know. I felt it was genuine at the time because, at the time, I honestly expected that X-Men: The Last Stand was going to be the last movie. I still suspect it would have been had it not made quite such a rediculous amount of money compared to the others.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

14. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope the X-Men have some lemonade at the ready.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

16. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I would have posted some sooner but I was avoiding this thread. Even though I read the comic arch, and saw the 90's animated series version, I'm hitting that line of seeing too much before the movie.

Mark 1
    [​IMG]

Mark 10
    [​IMG]

Mark 10 with battle damage. It's skin reminds me of the Phalanx (X-Men).
    [​IMG]

17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It seems shuffling the pictures in my TrekBBS albums knocked them out my posts.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Last edited: May 13, 2014