Revolution Season 2 - spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Sep 23, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Grandpa didn't grow up in a society where being a stone cold killer is just a part of life. Seeing his granddaughter as one, even after 15 years in the new reality, was a major adjustment for him.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was wondering what song that was. I figured the way they were focusing on it, it had to be a famous song.

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It was more or less part of the whole cultural reversal between America and Texas up to the point where they even sing Spanish versions of obvious American songs.

4. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have they revised that in-series map of central North America yet? Added anything for the rest of the planet?

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The spouted racism I've noticed is that Mexico is a toilet "true" Americans are above conquering.

I'm curious about why Canada seemed not worth marching on either?

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Too damned cold up there. They can keep it! :p :D

7. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Giant Brain!

Based upon the ratings this season I think Revolution is done. I just hope everything is wrapped up nicely.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it looks bad. Hopefully NBC gives them enough notice so they can craft a finale of some kind for it like ABC did with Last Resort last year.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a shame, I've still been really enjoying it this season. I'm curious to see exactly where they are going with both the Patriot, and the nanotech AI stories.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

So is anyone still watching? I watched the most recent episode last night and it wasn't bad. I loved the Matrix reference. Still, it's not at the top of my viewing list and I won't really miss it if it gets cancelled. I guess that says something about it.

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm watching, that episode was a bit wacky but predictable. There was no way the nanites were going to die, thus giving the world its power back. From the first episode on it was predictable they were going to make the nanites sentient.

Anyways, this show is severely on the bubble and it is a long shot it will get a 3rd season.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's awful, blatant and obvious, but I really like revolution.

13. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

I was disappointed with how the last episode ended. I'll certainly give them that they got me with that secondary twist. I did not see it coming that Aaron was still in the Matrix. That said, I appreciate when shows are bold enough to totally change things up. We've gotten two seasons now of what the world is like 15 years after all power has been removed. That was interesting. Now I'd love to see them tell the story of what the world would do when power was restored...

For a few minutes, I thought that was the story we were going to get.

14. Savage Dragon

But really, how would they even know the power has been restored? It's pretty unrealistic to expect a light bulb is going to turn back on as soon as the nanobots are taken out of commission. There's no way power stations are going to magically come back online after 15 years.

15. sojourner

I'm sure people in that setting would still after 15 years occasionally test to see if power was working again.. Once one person tried it the results would spread like wild fire.

16. Savage Dragon

Sure, but where is that power going to come from? I'm no engineer, but I find it hard to believe that a power plant will suddenly come back to life after 15 years of inactivity.

17. sojourner

Wind up radios are easy enough to use to check if electricity is working again. Solar panels. All those solar powered out door lights.

24 hours after the power came back there would be all kinds of signs.

18. Savage Dragon

Yeah, I guess the solar stuff would be the obvious signs, but I still think it's unlikely that many people are going to have solar lights in use.

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Some of the lights flickering may have been the nanites discharging, they would explain the lighting bolts to. Still, 15 years later you have an electronics store still stocked with a suddenly working laptop... Eye roll... True, that part was a dream to but how would Aaron fall for that. I would assume that some electronics during the 15 years would might have been melted down to try to get some precious metals (however minute) out of them.

20. sojourner

OH, yeah, it would be a long time before practical use of electricity was available. Just saying that people would know pretty quick that it could be done.