The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Ok, more comic. This one is a bit short, but exposition scenes are no fun to write.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    This thread has gone from Epic to the coveted, rarely-achieved Epic Squared.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

this can only end one way...Captain Kirk must shag Amy Pond...to save the MULTIVERSE!

4. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Has anyone procured any Hot Toys Man of Steel figures?

5. cooleddie74

Not me. I don't collect any of those characters. OdoWan might, though don't quote me on that.

6. OdoWanKenobi

No, since completing my Avengers, I am 100% out of the Hot Toys game. They were expensive before. Now they're just obscene. More than $200 for even the most basic of figures is ridiculous.

7. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the prices have moved into the realm of the absurd. The only figure I have left on order is the Man of Steel Superman. I just wanted one to compliment my Dark Knight Batman. It helps that it comes in at $199 which is the cheapest figure now.

Would you ever consider getting Bruce Banner to compliment the Hulk?

8. cooleddie74

Jedi Temple Archives and Jedi News.co.uk leak a list of new and upcoming SW product from Hasbro!

More than a few of these were already announced and known about (the first six figures on the Black Series 3.75" list were actually shown off in a con or fair display late last year), but there are some pretty sweet reveals here. 6" Chewbacca? Nice.

9. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I was in Target yesterday and when I walked into the toy section where Star Wars is, this is what I was greeted with.
    [​IMG]

10. cooleddie74

Did you get one or both of them? Greedo can be tough to spot in some areas and none of the four figures in Wave 2 can really be called a cinch to find.

11. OdoWanKenobi

My Toys R Us is Greedos as far as the eye can see. It's Boba Fett that is the true elusive one. Come on, you Mandalorian bastard! Show yourself!

12. cooleddie74

Boba's next to impossible. If I hadn't spotted him when I did I'd probably still be searching in vain for the guy. Yet do they carry him forward into Wave 3 to help meet demand and boost sales? Nope. Han.

I think the new 6" Han is great. Just not 6" Boba Fett great.

13. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's just hope they do a better job than Diamond Select did. The likenesses in their Serenity line were terrible.

14. OdoWanKenobi

Gah! Don't even remind me of those horrible Diamond figures!

More figure comic, this time with rudimentary GIMP special effects!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. cooleddie74

This needs to become a regular webcomic. Now.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Ha, thank you, but no way! Even making one little update is ridiculously time consuming. I'm also nowhere near confident enough in my skills as a writer/photographer/photo editor to share any of this beyond this thread, and Facebook

17. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Unfortunately no. I just remembered from earlier in the thread you mentioning how tough it was to find Greedo. I thought it was funny that he was right in front on the pegs when I went to Target. While I do love the Star Wars Black series, I'm just not collecting new stuff anymore.

18. cooleddie74

That's how some of them are. Sometimes you don't spot them until the day you either aren't planning to buy them or can't/won't buy them. I can remember not seeing a character for ages and ages, yet the day I decided not to get it or didn't have enough on me to do so - there he/she is.

Greedo's nowhere near as hard to find as the Sandtrooper or Boba Fett, but he's scarce compared to the others in the 6" series. Those X-Wing Lukes and R2-D2s just hang on the peg walls, collect dust and get dinged and mashed up from all the handling and getting knocked to the floor. A real shame, because as OdoWan's thread comic shows the X-Wing Luke is a great looking figure in every respect and probably has the closest resemblance to 1977 Mark Hamill of any mass market toy yet made.

19. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i see the Sandtrooper all the time. have yet to see Boba Fett though. Darth Maul is kinda hard to find in my area...but not impossible.

20. cooleddie74

It's fascinating how different areas are when it comes to these figures. Some people can barely find Greedo or Sandtroopers while others see them all over the place. Maul is rare in your own area while here he's more common than any other save for the Luke and Artoo. Yet one trait we all share in common:

Boba's obtained a cloaking device. I thought no figure this size has one!