Emilia Clarke cast as Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doubleohfive, Dec 14, 2013.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Link.

I say BRING IT. She kicks ass as khaleesi on Game of Thrones. This can only be great.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Guessing they're going with a cgi Arnie? It worked for the limited use it had in T:S.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Interesting casting. I wonder how her American accent is.

As far as Arnie, I see no reason why he can't be an older Terminator in this.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

She can compare notes on the character with her GoT co-star Lena Headly.

5. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Heh, and its another English actress playing a part.

6. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Body double with partially CGI head like in the latest one?

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

While Emilia Clarke is a good choice for the role, I really wanted the rumor of Tatiana Maslany to be true.

8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hm.... Sarah Connor is one tough lady, and from what I've seen of GoT sofar, everytime Emilia tries to come across as a bad-ass, she fails miserably. Granted, I've only seen seasons 1 and 2, but I am not impressed.

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Just so long as this doesn't mean she's out of Game Of Thrones, or anything like that.

10. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like her and all, but she should be playing a love interest for Bilbo in "The Hobbit 4" before she plays fucking Sarah Connor. I mean, c'mon man!

11. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Love her as an actress and on GoT, seeing her as Sahrah Connor isn't that easy though, she can have a very commanding presence and be badass, but for Sarah Connor she would have to bulk up... on the other hand this supposed to be a younger Sahra pre-terminvasion into her life .

12. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

In T1, Linda Hamilton didn't initially come across as very tough or badass at all. It's entirely possible that Clarke is playing that version of Sarah Connor, which I think she could easily do. (that would make the most sense age-wise, too)

13. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Emilia Clarke has improved as an actress but she's maybe the seventh or eighth best actress on Game of Thrones at best. She's no Linda Hamilton but I hope it works out for her.

A reboot is probably the way to go (and it'll sadly be PG-13) but I think the days of the Terminator franchise have passed and they're never coming back. If Cameron and Arnold had made a sequel back in 1994 when everyone wanted it, the franchise might have maintain it's strength. But by the time Arnold without Cameron made that sequel, it's time had long passed.

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why can't we get Linda Hamilton back? She's only 57. They kept Judi Dench as M when they rebooted Bond.

15. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seriously? An entire reboot of Terminator? So they are not going to continue after Terminator Salvation?

16. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

^ I suspect they're gonna use time travel to have a "soft reboot" that still sort of fits with the previous continuity, kind of like JJ-Trek. The participation of Arnie strongly hints at that. He'll be the new film's "Spock Prime."

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

So... post-Terminator Salvation, which already established (not that anyone cared at the time) that Skynet is starting to develop tech earlier in the timeline than was originally the case, John Connor will have to go back to '84 to protect his newly-pregnant mother, thereby creating an alternate reality that wipes T2-3 from the timeline?

[​IMG]

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I actually liked Salvation but I find it hard to see any appeal in this. Incidentally, Cameron considered using time-travel to revive Reese for T2 but opted against it as it was a bit too Back to the Future. Looks like someone didn't agree with him.

19. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Headey is the Sarah Connor to beat, IMHO. But if they're going to go ahead with this, I think they should steer clear of the alternate universe / soft reboot thing and just assert that Sarah Connor was born in the nineties or so. Arnie can cameo as her dad or something. :)

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

We don't know what the premise of the new film is. It's hardly facepalm time yet in terms of the storyline.

Doing that is a soft reboot.