Is Star Trek Interracially revolutionary?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Hyfen_Underskor, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

"I love hyphens and underscores. They represent my meticulous and generous nature." - Hitler to his General Staff, Nuremberg, 1938

And before you ask, I'm very sure he said this.

2. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

It might change what people think FDR ACTUALLY believed, however...

... or something...

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Arguing from fallacy and distortion doesn't lend credence to your position, nor does it promote much but contempt for you.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "Somebody fetch me that eight ball of heroin. I wanna get tore up and trash the mansion." -California Governor Jerry Brown, 1978

"Get out of my face before I introduce this laboratory to the Theory of Butt Whooping. Don't test me, punk." -Albert Einstein, Geneva, 1930

"The theater? Do we have to? Vice President Johnson wants to teach Secretary Stanton his wine cork trick. I want to see it." -Abraham Lincoln, the morning of April 14, 1865

Don't you dare tell me they never said any of this. I grew up with these.

5. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

"Lenin Sux!" - Plato's Twitter feed, 330 BC

6. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Yes, please do, Hyphen_ Underskor. Multiple posts in a row are considered spamming and against the rules according to the FAQ (the fan fiction subforum excluded).

That goes a bit far, doesn't it?

Now that you've all had fun with making up fake quotes, let's get back on topic.

7. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The quote is word for word repeated here, it from a July 25, 2012 piece NBC Chicago did on a unnamed Mitt Romney adviser. Can't say if the NBC quote is accurate, it about a third of the way down.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 1933-1945: A fifth cousin of Theodore Roosevelt, FDR was also descended from Claes Rosenvelt. His mother, Sara Delano, was descended from Dutch Pilgrims who arrived in America shortly after the Mayflower. In the White House, Roosevelt once railed, “This is an English and Dutch country! Everyone else is here on sufferance.”

Source:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...axon-Presidents--163699306.html#ixzz2ICFvn0x5

:mallory:

8. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    An Internet blogger says x... so? How is that a credible source? And what does a President dead decades before the show have to do with Star Trek?

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, it does. In this case, my point was that not bothering to source quotes, or even to gauge any kind of accuracy, is just as bad as any kind of hyperbole because an unsourced, unchecked quote can lead to the most idiotic of assumptions, and so I used some serious hyperbole to make my point. I meant no offense, of course.

Will do!