Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I liked all those neat things in the IM movies that made them feel more real.

Funny how Tony says no one has ever called him nostalgic in IM1. Recreating all those previous versions of the IM suit, and keeping his arm robot AI around points to him really caring about his past creations.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Pretty sure that line was meant to be sarcastic, since the next thing he says is to tell Dummy to clear all the "junk" off his desk, including the picture of his father. I mean if he's not sentimental then that picture wouldn't be there in the first place, no? ;)

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Here is some interesting news involving Marvel and Katee Sackoff...

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

She's a good choice.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Particularly with her current short hair cut, though I prefer the long blonde hair and the 2000s swimsuit!

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

“the first quarter of next year.” Seems a bit early for a movie, so maybe something in the SHIELD tv show I'd guess.

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I could get behind her as Captain Marvel :)

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ That's what she said

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the idea of Katee Sackoff as Carol Danvers.

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I totally approve - I think honestly as much as everyone wants like a model to be Carol - I think Katie Sackoff is far more believable as a military woman. Sure she's not super busty or curvy, but she LOOKS like she's military trained. Which is important. Carol's whole deal besides her powers is that she fought her ass off to work her way up in the military, be it the Air Force, or NASA or SHIELD. While model Carol may work in the comics, I think Katie's build fits her more realistic look. I think also with a few minor changes her current Captain Marvel costume would work very well in the MCU maybe just make the red darker and the gold more dark gold.

12. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

They could pull a Captain Atom-like plot with her: She's a Military Officer who after getting powers (maybe by radiation from a Chitauri weapon, like how Carol got her powers from the Kree) is inserted by the Government into the Super-Hero community as a Spy. But then she becomes a Hero for real.

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That would be great casting if she turns out to be Captain Marvel. I totally approve.

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

She does seem like a good choice for Carol Danvers. I'm a fan of the character in the comics, and it would be cool to see her in live action.

15. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

The difference between Marvel and DC movies:

DC: Ben Affleck as Batman
    Marvel: Katee Sackhoff as Ms. Marvel!

'nuff said.

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Academy award winning writer and producer, who has directed and starred in a Best Picture winner as Batman.

Actress with no major awards with only one truly notable credit to date as Ms. Marvel.

Yeah, you're right, 'nuff said.

(For the record, I think Sackhoff is a fine actress and would totally support her as Carol Danvers.)

17. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Have you seen Daredevil? Superheroing ain't his thing. Hell, IMO, acting ain't his thing. Haven't seen Argo, so cannot say either way about him as a director.

Ms. Sackhoff, on the other hand, is a natural fit for the character of Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel. We already know she can pull-off a character with a military background quite well.

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

People need to quit bringing up Daredevil. Daredevil was ten years ago! Is it so impossible for people to comprehend that he might have grown as an actor in ten years? Anyone who has seen The Town or Argo can attest to that. Affleck's acting chops are not an issue. Heck, I would even argue that Affleck was not the problem with Daredevil. The problem was a script full of holes, many of which are fixed by the Director's Cut. Seriously, anyone who has not seen the Director's Cut of Daredevil really should. It actually turns it into a pretty good film.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Hopefully it won't be Starbuck in Captain Marvel costume.

20. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

Katee Sackhoff will look great in the costume, and...

I know there was something else I wanted to say, but I just can't think of it right now...