Art Bell returning to (Satellite) Radio!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mr_Homn, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sure there are some other Art Bell fans like me on the forum, and I didn't see a topic, so I wanted to spread the word.

The King of Nye is returning to radio via Sirius/XM next month, September 16th. His new show is called "Dark Matter" and will be on Mon-Thur 7-10pm Pacific (10pm-1am Eastern) and replayed all night.

Get out your tin foil hats and ouija boards. Should be a great ride assuming you don't get abducted by aliens.

More info at www.ArtBell.com

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I don't have anything against George Noory, but Art's voice was always more pleasing to me. He was also rather spooked by the sovereign citizen movement, and the militia types. People remember him for the 'cut-off caller" but I remember him talking about a letter someone got from his "patriot accuser."

He also once opined about how religious gun nuts would shoot an alien if one ever landed, making their minds up that it was a demon.

George lets the young-earther types like what Art railed against ramble on without challenging them. McCanney is a faker in calling comets anything but dirty iceballs.

I'm a skeptic on all these matters, myself, but the one thing I hold against them was how they all but blamed Art on the Heaven's Gate cult deaths. (aka Brain Scratch from BeBop).

Art and Strieber of all people debunked the Hale Bopp UFO photo deal with an interview with an astronomer from Hawaii who had the original photo. As it turned out, it was the comet itself that the cult saw as a symbol, even after the UFO photo was questioned.

I don't get sat-radio, as I'm poor as dirt.

3. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

I never could get Coast to Coast back in the day. I always wanted to, but never could. Now, it comes on my local radio station and I listen to it sometimes. I used to watch X-Files religously all the way through the 7th or 8th season when Mulder left. I used to be devout to the UFO phenomenon, now I still watch UFO shows on TV, but I just don't buy into it as much. Anyway, I still enjoy UFO stuff and conspiracy stuff because its entertaining and it gets me thinking. I still enjoy this type of programing, but I can't afford satellite radio, so I'll just have to stick to regular radio.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Never heard of him.

5. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

This news broke a few weeks ago. I wish he was coming back to regular radio and competing with Noory, who I think is one of the biggest dummies on two feet. I finally gave up listening to Noory after the NSA privacy story hit the news. Every night afterward, night after night, the conspiracy nuts were allowed to run rampant on the show. That, the politics, food and health stuff just drove me away.

Art, IMO, is actually a smart guy and very entertaining. I'de love to be able to hear him again every night. But I hope his return dosn't mean his family has broken up. Last I heard, he was living in the Phillipines his wife and little girl. Hopefully they are all together, no matter where they are situated.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The anti-vaccine rants are going to get people killed. Art was never part of that scene.

7. Mr_Homn

Thanks for your valuable input! Keep up the quality posts.

I'm pretty sure there is at least a 30 day free trial over the internet if you sign up for it. At least you could get in on the excitement of the new show for the first month for free.

Yeah the story broke a few weeks ago, I was surprised that there was no mention of it here so I decided to post about it. Better late than never. I agree with you that George Noory is a TERRIBLE host. One of the worst radio hosts I have ever heard in my life. He has zero credibility and it's a shame what he's turned the show in. Art has taken a few subtle shots at him through the years, too.

Art is back in Pahrump Nevada with his wife and little girl. He will once again be broadcasting from the high desert out of his home. Sirius built a studio in his house.

Yeah Art always brought a dose of common sense in between all the theatrical weirdness. It was always about entertainment to him, not preaching or political agendas or telling people how to live.

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It was such a loss, how Ramona died. Good that he is back in the desert.

I had this idea that there would be an asteroid strike, and the Philippines would be all but washed away--but there would be old Art, talking the thing in as he promised.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am actually excited about this when I first heard about it a few weeks ago. George has slipped in the last few years. I used to be a fan and enjoy his style, but in the last two or three years he has bumbled his way through interviews. It took me a while to first notice it, but then when I did and it became a reoccurring thing...it annoyed me so much that I have pretty much stopped listening to the show. I think I've listened to five shows in the past three months. I used to listen every night.

10. Mr_Homn

If you go back and listen to older shows with George I think you'll notice more and more that he did it back then too. I stopped listening years ago, but I still listen to old art bell shows from the 90s and 2000s on my computer.

11. Admiral_Young

Oh, I'm sure he probably was the same all throughout his ten years on the show...I just didn't really start to begin noticing it until a couple of years ago. It really has become bad the past five years.

12. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

They took Noory off the air here in Albuquerque a while back, on our big talker.. I think he's back on, on one of the low watt stations though... I got really tired of how he emersed himself into the coversations and basically became a proponent of all the conspiracy nuts and the like..

I liked Art's style of giving a voice to the strange and supernatual, but always seemed to be one step removed from it.. You could tell he didn't believe in most of it, but believed in giving people an outlet for their theories and ideas...

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Art is better than this guy on Ground Zero. I think he played the toxic avenger or something. Put him on sirius, and give Art his spot on broadcast radio.

14. Admiral_Young

Anyone listen last night? It's up on youtube now...I absolutely love the theme song choice, and it's like he never left!