Starship from the "Trekkies 2" opening credits?

Discussion in 'Trek Tech' started by SicOne, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

So I'm watching it on DVD and an interesting ship comes on at the very beginning, even before the menu. Looks like a Constitution-refit but with some modifications and a thick, Constellation-like primary hull. As the movie opens, the credits for the movie are posted on the ship in various locations, but it appears the ship was designed by fan Gabriel Koerner. Later in the show and in the DVD extras are some fan-made videos showing the USS Ecuador, a modified and comedied version of the ship shown during the opening credits of Trekkies 2.

What I'm looking for are some schematics, multiviews, and an online MSD of the ship. Preferably the serious version (without the credits plastered all over the hull) shown during the T2 credits as opposed to the mismatched-nacelles Ecuador, but I'll also take ones of the Ecuador. Would anyone happen to have a link, or know who I should pester for those items? Is Koerner active on the BBS?

Not a big deal, but I just thought the design was interesting and I'd like to know more. Thanks for any nudges in the right direction, folks.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Well, I went to Trekcore to see screencaps of said ship, but it turned out that I was far more interested in the two chicks with the ill-fitting bikinis.

3. SicOne

I wish we saw more bountiful female Brazilians serving in Starfleet...:techman:

4. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. SicOne

Thank you, blssdwlf...are there multiviews available? I'd like to see how it stacks up compared to a Constitution-refit.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That looks rather nice. Pointing towards Stargazer.

7. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't remember if there are any more views outside of the episode. Have you thought about emailing the creator of it?

8. SicOne

If anyone has his e-address, I'd give 'er a try.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Gabe has a facebook page, you could try him there.

10. Mike Have-Not

Mike Have-Not Captain Captain

SF Bay Area, North American Continent, Earth, Sol
    I am in that movie :techman:

And I read the posts in the Trek Tech forum all the time, btw. It's my favorite. I just rarely post.

I am thoroughly entertained by just reading you guys go on and on about "Treknology" :rommie:

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    USS Ecuador.

I like it, from the deck count, it's not really a big starship. More medium sized.

:)

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The Ecuador is not the ship in the opening credits. It has a different registry number and a TOS-era deflector dish, whereas the ship in the credits has a movie-era dish. Other than that they're pretty dang close though, so I'm guessing Gabe just switched out a few bits and pieces to make a new ship?

13. SicOne

Thanks, T'Girl!

I did find his FB page. Might go that route; thanks for the recommend, Tosk.

14. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Need links!!!

15. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see more of the ship.

16. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

^Ditto.