Terminator tv series in the works

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

deadline.com

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's encouraging that they've gone with Stentz & Miller as the showrunners, since they were staffers on The Sarah Connor Chronicles, as well as just being really good writers. Of course, I'd still prefer it if we'd gotten more TSCC, but there's reason to hope that this will be the next best thing.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which will be the first time in Terminator history that any two separate iterations are compatible. :lol:

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, right. I had forgotten that Stentz & Miller had worked on The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Good news.

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I wasn't even aware they were rebooting the Terminator movie franchise and making a new trilogy, and now they're making a TV series that ties in with the films and is produced by the people behind the Sarah Connor Chronicles? Awesome news all around.

Between the new Star Wars films, Trek XIII, Justice League, the 2nd Avengers movie, and now this, it's an exciting time. It's sort of like the first half of the 80s again, which is fitting considering this reboot and others.

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Are you required to say reboot in the thread title in these situations?

;)

7. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Agreed. I'm hoping Josh Friedman, who ran TSCC, puts his hands in this somehow. Kinda wish he'd been given the reigns of this one too, but Ashley and Zack are the next best thing in that regard.

Very interesting news. Re-opens the TSCC wound a little though--I wanted that wrap-up movie a few key actors talked about! In a crazy world this new show could be a weird opportunity to do a parallel reality episode wrap up of TSCC. Though I bet the poetry ending of TSCC is a hard thing to 'undo' in a sense without a big production.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

By this point the Terminator multiverse has already diverged in a few different directions. So I think that showing us yet another diverging timeline is more along the lines of a continuation/expansion of the existing continuity. (I've been resisting drawing an analogy to the Abrams Star Trek timeline, since that's kind of an emotional trigger for some posters.)

So I suppose it's possible that Stentz & Miller could drop a hint or two in their show that it and TSCC coexist in a larger sheaf of alternate realities, even if there aren't direct crossover elements. But yeah, it would be nice if they could connect them more overtly somehow.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting.

Also... I liked JMS' Terminator comic last week set in the time lab in the future as John is sending every one back into all the movies.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

So that was a good read? I decided since it's a limited maxi-series to just get the Trade a year from now. Be cheaper anyway, glad to hear some positive word on it. :cool:

11. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad the ZackAsh are involved with this as they were with TSCC. :techman:

12. Guy Gardener

It's made me want to watch the painful fourth movie again.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We had a TV series, it's probably better than anything we will get in these movies.

They have to make all these new things before they lose the rights in 2017/2018 to James Cammeron.

14. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Cameron doesn't get the rights until 2019, actually. But even once he gets them, he could theoretically re-sell or at least lease them out.

I'd be curious what the legal issues might be if the show is still on come 2019 and the rights reversion. Could such a show continue after such via being grandfathered? Or would it have to stop if Cameron said so at that point?

I, for one, wish Jim Cameron would get his head out of his ass and do good stuff again. Like he used to. Titanic ruined that man. Another example of success going to one's head. OK, he doesn't want to do more Terminator? That's his call. But Avatar isn't his best work by far. He could do much more if he tried. Too busy under the sea though...

15. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cameron is a moron...

Terminator 2 : Judgement Day $519,843,345[
    Titanic $2,186,772,302

Idiot! :rommie:

16. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

[crosses fingers, shuts eyes tight]Bring back Summer Glau, bring back Summer Glau, bring back Summer Glau, bring back Summer Glau, bring back Summer Glau, bring back Summer Glau, bring back Summer Glau[/crosses fingers, shuts eyes tight]

17. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OMS Yes! Summer Glau. :adore:

18. Guy Gardener

She's busy playing a robot on Arrow.

Autistic, crazy and robot.

Have we seen her play a normal person except when she played herself on Big Bang?

Russian Ballerina in Angel?

When Russians get really Russian, 80s Russian, they can easily be mistaken for drunk robots.

Bender was Russian?

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think we will have to worry about it still being on the air. Part of me thinks it will never make it to air. :lol:

It will be interesting because Disney owns Marvel and when they bought them Sony made the Spiderman movies and Sony still has some control over that even though Disney owns Spiderman the character.

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'm kind of glad to see Stentz & Miller getting a second crack at Terminator.

...And that Friedman is not. :)